Eastman Unable to Find Serial Number Info?
Hey everyone, just bought a SB59/v-AMB on offerup yesterday here in LA and I tried to check out the serial number with the contact page on Eastman and they replied "Unfortunately we do not have information on this serial. Are you looking at a guitar outside the US?". Doesn't have a CoA but the tag on the back of the pot cover has the serial number and info like the other ones. I bought a 2017 SB59/v from the same guy a couple weeks back and that was legit and Eastman had the info for that serial number but not this one. Should I be suspicious of this? Sounds and feels like the other one he sold me. Thanks for the help in advance, just want to make sure I didn't get screwed.

Attached Files

Welcome to the EGF.  Although there's no reason to suspect that your guitar is not authentic, Eastman in Pomona only documents serial numbers that pass through their shop before they get shipped to North American dealers.  If this guitar was originally sold outside of North America, they won't have any record.  If you know the seller, ask him/her where they bought it, and if it was in the U.S., double-check the number that you sent to Eastman.  Hope this helps!
Lukew likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Hi there

If you get nowhere with your query over there, which I don’t think will happen - you could Alternatively ask Eastman Europe. Never know. When I bought my E8OM overe here I did drop an email regarding the serial nr to Eastman through their main webpage and they fwd my request to their colleagues here in Europe.

mailto [email protected]

Cheers
Mitch
Lukew likes this post
„I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things“ Tom Waits
I must have a look on the back of my pot cover as well.  Is there a serial number on the back of the head stock?
I just received a SB59 with no serial stamp on the back of the headstock, but a sticker on the inside of the tone pots cover. It was alarming until I read this page, so thanks, everyone. I have to say, if this was a counterfeit, I'll take it! It sounds and plays right.
AlanSam and Pura Vida like this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uk resident seeking 805ce tailpiece. I have seen a thread but can’t find it. Anthony Rj 0 148 03-23-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Anthony Rj
  serial number AR910 malvax 4 2,130 04-01-2023, 03:41 AM
Last Post: ACWATERCOLORS
  SB59 serial number zedhex 3 3,148 06-18-2020, 04:55 AM
Last Post: jcgrey87