Production Date From Serial Number
I know this topic has been addressed and expanded on here on this board; I stumbled on it via Google search before becoming a board member. But I can't find the thread now.
Apologies for redundancy.
I own an Eastman 371CE Sunburst. Purchased in April 2015. SN =12pt111218348.
Can anyone tell me the production date or date it left the Pomona shop?
thanks!
(06-04-2020, 08:45 AM)ftwlouie Wrote: I know this topic has been addressed and expanded on here on this board; I stumbled on it via Google search before becoming a board member. But I can't find the thread now.
thanks!

I am pretty sure you will have to contact Eastman direct and ask them.  Just email them from the contact page on the website with the serial number and hope for the best 
Luke
Pura Vida likes this post
Luke is correct.  There is no direct correlation between the SN and production date.  If you contact Eastman, they can provide you with the date that the guitar passed through their Pomona shop, which would match the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) date that accompanies most new Eastman guitars in North America.
Lukew likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(06-04-2020, 09:29 AM)Lukew Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 08:45 AM)ftwlouie Wrote: I know this topic has been addressed and expanded on here on this board; I stumbled on it via Google search before becoming a board member. But I can't find the thread now.
thanks!

I am pretty sure you will have to contact Eastman direct and ask them.  Just email them from the contact page on the website with the serial number and hope for the best 
Luke 

i did the same and they came back through their European contact pretty quickly.
Mitch
Lukew likes this post
„I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things“ Tom Waits
Thanks, posters. Eastman wrote that their records show it's a 2012. Mystery solved, and quickly.
Lukew likes this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current SB59 stock production SolidBody59 6 677 04-24-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: SolidBody59
  serial number AR910 malvax 4 2,128 04-01-2023, 03:41 AM
Last Post: ACWATERCOLORS
  Eastman Unable to Find Serial Number Info? ahyeg 4 3,742 11-09-2021, 12:24 PM
Last Post: otherjonstewart