New Eastman Model: E20OM-MR-TC
(03-12-2022, 04:23 AM)Rens Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 03:29 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: Yes, it's the new model with Madi Rosewood and TC Adi top.  The ETA is "summer," and dealers are taking pre-orders.  I placed a deposit for the dread version (E20D-MR-TC) and super excited to get it later this year.  I just placed my E8D for sale locally to make room.

What are your expectations? 

Sound: I'm sure it will have a wonderful tone.  I'm hoping for a little more sweetened, mellow tone from the TC Adi top (compared to a new Adi top, which can sound a little harsh).  I hope they give it a little more traditional voice, especially since it's a TC, and that the Madi Rosewood provides a little more low end.

I've suspected that my E20OM-SB was actually a one-off with Madi Rosewood, and it has a little more bottom end and a reverb/vibrato-like quality, which sounds way different than my E40OM, despite the same wood / body specs.

Aesthetics: Eastman keeps upping their game and always has spectacular wood, so I'm hoping the figuring on these first E20D-MR-TC are visually stunning and have some interesting figuring.  Likewise, for the top, I prefer narrow, straight grain Adi, but my E10OM has incredible bearclaw figuring that I hope will continue to stand out, as the guitar gets older and more color.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(02-18-2022, 10:45 PM)tele_player Wrote: $500 up charge for Madagascar rosewood? Seems a bit excessive, even if discounted by a typical 20%.

It's nothing for Mad Rosewood.  Martin would charge over $2000.  A similar Bourgeois guitar would retail for over $7000.  I've already dropped my deposit for one.  A Master grade Madagascar Rosewood/Torrefied Adirondack guitar for $2200?  Unheard of...
Pura Vida likes this post
(06-01-2022, 08:19 AM)patmatt Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 10:45 PM)tele_player Wrote: $500 up charge for Madagascar rosewood? Seems a bit excessive, even if discounted by a typical 20%.

It's nothing for Mad Rosewood.  Martin would charge over $2000.  A similar Bourgeois guitar would retail for over $7000.  I've already dropped my deposit for one.  A Master grade Madagascar Rosewood/Torrefied Adirondack guitar for $2200?  Unheard of...

My thoughts exactly. That is why I placed a deposit on one of the Ds.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
Is anywhere in the UK stocking the guitar when its released? Or taking deposits?
(06-01-2022, 06:07 PM)SneakyDeaky Wrote: Is anywhere in the UK stocking the guitar when its released? Or taking deposits?

https://rguitars.co.uk/products/eastman-e20d-mr-tc
SneakyDeaky likes this post

(06-01-2022, 06:55 PM)TomC Wrote:
(06-01-2022, 06:07 PM)SneakyDeaky Wrote: Is anywhere in the UK stocking the guitar when its released? Or taking deposits?

https://rguitars.co.uk/products/eastman-e20d-mr-tc 

It's not expensive for Madagascar and Adirondack at all. The bigger brands will charge a HUGE premium for this wood combination. 

It's exciting. But I do wonder if I could get it at a better price internationally later on. It also depends of course on how many Eastman make.

projectmusic.net has the guitar for for preorder for £120 cheaper at £2,180.00

Eastman E20D MR TC Madagascar Rosewood with Thermo Adi Top (projectmusic.net)
Is anyone hearing what the ETA on these hitting dealers might be?   I think initially June might have been mentioned, but the dealer I have pre-ordered with said the other day that they had not heard anything yet about timing.  

I really really love my E8D...and not sure if this new model will kick the E8D out of the stable or not...but at this price, Addy/Madi TC model is at a ridiculous price point I think.
E20D vs E20D-MR:

https://youtu.be/Zdp4aqZuI1E

MR has a fuller tone.
Eastman E8OM-TC
Eastman E20D-TC
(06-04-2022, 09:30 AM)cfranchi Wrote: E20D vs E20D-MR:

https://youtu.be/Zdp4aqZuI1E

MR has a fuller tone.

Agree but they're both pretty nice.
D18 

"We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion-year-old carbon and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden"

Joni Mitchell
It would be interesting to see a comparison of an E20D -> E20D-TC -> E20D-TC-MR. I wonder what differences you would hear and if they are noticeable.