NGD: T185MX
Nice one!

These guitars are just fantastic. with my henriksen jazzamp, mine sounds like a full size archtop, its the closest i get to a Jim Hall type sound. And if i use with my blues junior with a little gain i can get a more dirty 60s organ combo vibe. I prefer a gibson scale, but nothing wrong with slowing down! 

Do you find yours has a little neck dive? i sewed in a few ball bearings into my strap lining as a counterwieght. its still lighter than my 335, and balances better.

Enjoy!
Pura Vida likes this post
Hi, Phil.  Welcome to the EGF!  I really love this guitar and need to play it more, since I tend to grab an acoustic more often than I plug in.  I haven't noticed the neck dive, personally, but maybe I'm just not paying attention (and playing seated).  But others have mentioned it here.  In fact, Eastman made a smaller headstock on the new T484, which was introduced at Winter NAMM, in an effort to provide improved balance.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(03-22-2019, 08:34 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: Hi, Phil.  Welcome to the EGF!  I really love this guitar and need to play it more, since I tend to grab an acoustic more often than I plug in.  I haven't noticed the neck dive, personally, but maybe I'm just not paying attention (and playing seated).  But others have mentioned it here.  In fact, Eastman made a smaller headstock on the new T484, which was introduced at Winter NAMM, in an effort to provide improved balance.

wow that t484 looks sweet. I have an es339, but i have a feeling i would love that - 14" bout, gibson scale, laminate, ebony fretboard..

thanks for the heads up!

Phil
I had a few fully hollowbody electrics and I have a beautiful Gretsch one currently. I think they sound wonderful.

I have not had a band or performed in decades so I don’t have to worry about volumes loud enough for feedback.

Your guitar is simply stunning
Great-looking guitar. I like the semi-hollow electrics in general: big, fat sound!  And that Eastman looks totally gorgous!
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Thanks, guys! I really need to play this one more often. I just got a new laptop, so the plan is to connect the guitar through the Helix and MacBook Pro. I think my problem is that I spend all week on a laptop, so when the evening / weekend comes around, I turn to the acoustic guitars to escape the digital world. When I do play it, it’s incredibly easy to get lost in the sounds that it creates.
Hey TF. I just purchased T185. Waiting for it to get to shop. The upgrades you recommend are for the tailpiece AND the bridge? And what brand comes in solid steel. Thx.
Hi, JazzAxe.  Welcome to the EGF!  I had to look to see who TF is... Tim Farney.  He hasn't visited us in a while.  Sad

Maybe someone else can assist with your questions.  I haven't modified anything on my T185MX, and I'm completely happy with it, as is.
Just read this thread . Beautiful guitar and love the color . PV I'm with you 100% that hands built that guitar .
On my 146 I changed the tuner knobs to ebony and really helped the neck dive , all six weighed the same as one of the metal ones . I agree with not putting to much pressure on the bridge , I to have seen them concave a little . I like to top wrap the tail peace . I for some reason change the stop tail piece to aluminum on the two semi-hollow Eastman's I have . Lol I don't think it does much .
I'm done buying guitars for awhile I hope , but I sure wouldn't mind that guitar in that color. ?
That's one purty instrument! Congratulations!
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter