NGD - Eastman PCH3-GACE Pacific Coast Highway in Maple
[Image: qRXaUCY.jpg]
[Image: 66DwxdV.jpg]
[Image: soC4F7E.jpg]

Hi all,

I have had the PCH1OM (small body, Sitka/sapele ply) and PCH2GACE (grand auditorium, Sitka rosewood ply) so will start by comparing this model to those.

First off, the gloss finish on the PCH3 is far superior to the matte, open pore finish of the two lower models. This no longer appears to be a budget guitar.

I actually bought two of these, and gave the better one to my new son-in-law as a gift. His had even better looking spruce on top, but this is very adequate by all standards for a sub-$1k guitar.

The tone is where this really shines. Whereas the 1 and 2 (great guitars in their own right!) were a bit rubbery or unfocused, and perhaps a bit over ripe, this has a solid center, it is brilliant and has excellent projection. It easily cuts through a mix of other instruments or voices in an acoustic environment.

In fact, it’s shockingly good. No doubt it must be 3-ply maple, as the usual poplar filler for the middle ply is what I think the bit of fuzzy sound comes from with lesser guitars.

It reminds me a bit of my AC622CE - the colouration of the maple back, sides and neck no doubt contributing to the tonal similarity.

In all, this guitar is a winner. I have absolutely nothing to complain about, at any price, but especially at its point. More money will buy you more richness and response, but this is a great guitar on its own merits, without apologies.

Thanks for reading!
sleigh, AlanSam, rew, NoiseFloor, vashondan, TrailMaster, Shishigashira, noah, Pura Vida like this post
2021 Eastman AC622CE
2020 Eastman E40OM
2020 Eastman AC308CE (Limited Edition)
2020 Martin HD-28
2021 Eastman PCH3-GACE
2004 Gibson Les Paul Studio, wine red
1999 Taylor 714 custom, Cedar/Brazilian Rosewood
L-man,

Thanks for the review...  she looks really nice, enjoy.

Bob
L-Man likes this post
Eastman E10P
Eastman E20 00
Eastman E20OM
Eastman E1SS-CLA-Ltd
Eastman AC512CE (For Sale)
Absolutely beautiful!
L-Man likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Congrats, L-Man.  It's a beauty!
L-Man likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
That is really a nice looking guitar, and does not appear "low budget".

Enjoy!

Rod
L-Man likes this post
Congrats on your new guitar.  Looks beautiful!
L-Man likes this post
D18 

"We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion-year-old carbon and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden"

Joni Mitchell
Definitely a fine-looking guitar!
L-Man likes this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
That's a great looking maple back!
L-Man likes this post
I pulled an Eastman guitar off the wall and tried it out yesterday (2/10/2023). With great tone and plenty of sustain, I would have sworn it had solid wood back and sides. I looked inside at the label and it was a PCH3-GACE. That guitar sounds far superior to any laminate guitar I have ever played. It doesn't just look great, you have a real gem there.
Guzzi Fan likes this post
"The perfect guitar for every player is the next one."
"Many can make guitars scream but few can coax one to sing."
"Music is emotion."

In order of how much I like 'em;
1. Martin J40 (1995 standard braced)
2. Gibson J-45 Standard slope shoulder
3. Eastman DT30GACE
4. Eastman E10D-TC
5. Eastman E40OM-SB
6. Breedlove Performance Custom Focus Maple Concert
7. Eastman PCH3-GACE-CLA
8. Plus nine more guitars, a uke and a box of harmonicas.
*Truth is that, with the exception of the J40, which can't be beat, my favorite is typically the one I am playing.

Congratulations L-man! Amazing looking guitar. 

Don
L-Man likes this post
2023 Martin D-41 
2023 Martin Custom Shop HD-28 GE
2023 Martin D-18 Authentic 1937 VTS
2021 Martin D-35
2023 Gibson J45

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PCH 2 GACE WOOD ? Paulmartinl 3 232 04-27-2024, 09:37 PM
Last Post: REHII
  E16SS-TC Maple Fatfingers 18 4,807 04-03-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Vapour
  New DT30-GACE Double Top has arrived and lives up to all the hype. Grandpa Bucky 9 2,274 04-06-2023, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Grandpa Bucky