E16SS-TC Maple
Anyone know anything about it?
Eastman E6D-TC (alpine)
Martin 000-18
Seagull Entourage
Republic RP-1
Hush hush. Super secret. There is a video from TAS that mentions it. They have one but are not showing it yet. That is all.
Pura Vida, AlanSam, sleigh like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
Whispering……thanks
Eastman E6D-TC (alpine)
Martin 000-18
Seagull Entourage
Republic RP-1
Based on the number and the video. Maple back and sides, TC-treated adi to on a sloped-dread body. I'll go out on a limb and suggest it has some really nice flamed maple.
sleigh likes this post
(08-22-2022, 02:50 PM)Vapour Wrote: Based on the number and the video. Maple back and sides, TC-treated adi to on a sloped-dread body. I'll go out on a limb and suggest it has some really nice flamed maple.

and with a 1 3/4" nut?
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Probably not 1-3/4" if it contains the letters SS.  Sad
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Can someone explain what Maple brings to the equation?
Eastman E6D-TC (alpine)
Martin 000-18
Seagull Entourage
Republic RP-1
Maple, in my limited experience, brings a brightness to the overall sound (think of an equalizer array set with a slight incline toward the high end). Mahogany gives a dry, 'fundamental' sound with few overtones (think of an equalizer with everything set flat and no emphasis or de-emphasis on any frequency); rosewood has a more 'scooped' sound (fewer mids -- think of setting an equalizer array to a 'smiley' face).

Oh, and it can often be an incredibly gorgeous wood—and I'd expect Eastman to do exactly that.
AlanSam, Fatfingers, TomC, Pura Vida like this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
(08-22-2022, 05:00 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: Probably not 1-3/4" if it contains the letters SS.  Sad

I have it on good authority that Eastman is switching all SS shapes to 1 3/4 nuts--right after they  ship the next batch of Smeckmans.
Winfielder, AlanSam, Pura Vida, sleigh like this post
(08-22-2022, 06:04 PM)Vapour Wrote:
(08-22-2022, 05:00 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: Probably not 1-3/4" if it contains the letters SS.  Sad

I have it on good authority that Eastman is switching all SS shapes to 1 3/4 nuts--right after they  ship the next batch of Smeckmans.   

The  oracle has spoken!
sleigh likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eastman E16SS Bearclaw SasquatchLife 5 2,262 12-12-2022, 11:16 AM
Last Post: oldtone
  New Eastman E16SS-TC-LTD Limited Edition Released for Winter 2022 WindmillGuitars 16 5,504 11-25-2022, 02:43 AM
Last Post: alc1955
  NGD-PCH3 Maple EP1 3 1,175 07-02-2020, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Loudlester