LA Guitar Sales 20th Anniversary Model
Hey folks!

Well, it looks like Eastman is back in the Custom Shop biz so Helene and I are working on a limited run, or two to help us celebrate our 20th anniversary. Wow, hard to believe it's been that long. Many of you have you been asking for more of our E15SS and E5SS customs which were based on the Gibson LG series that were built for us from 2014 through 2018, and we are seeing if they will build more of these hugely popular customs for us, but what else would you like to see?

We are planning on some exclusive models from Eastmans (as well as other brands) so let us know what you would like to see.

BTW, here is the link to that long discontinued custom. It was available both with Rosewood and Mahogany back and sides.

https://www.laguitarsales.com/index.php/...45065.html

Happy holidays!
guitarlover, AlanSam, Shishigashira like this post
Ted
LA Guitar Sales - 310.246.1933
Over the past few years a lot (I mean a LOT) of people have expressed an interest in a slope dread with a 1 3/4" nut, and also an all mahogany OM/OO.
Shishigashira likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
(12-20-2023, 11:33 AM)AlanSam Wrote: Over the past few years a lot (I mean a LOT) of people have expressed an interest in a slope dread with a 1 3/4" nut, and also an all mahogany OM/OO.

For close to twenty years we've been ordering custom Martin with 1-3/4" nut and all Mahogany versions of standard models, so I am not surprised by the same interest coming from fans of Eastman guitars. 

Thanks for the suggestion, Alan.
guitarlover, AlanSam, sleigh, SasquatchLife like this post
Ted
Ted
First off congratulations - I have bought several different instruments from LAG and cannot say enough about the support and ease of doing business with Helene and you. Here's to another 20 years.

Custom models
1) L-00 Nick Lucas - deep body 00, 1.75" nut, short or long scale, Sitka/maple or Adirondack/mahogany - 13 fret
2) E20SS - long scale similar to Gibson AJ, Adirondack/rosewood 1.75" nut
3) True OM with long scale both mahogany & rosewood

The E5SS or all mahogany 00 would be nice, but I probably wouldn't be as interested. 

Personally I would like to see string spacing at the bridge of 2.25". I think this is a good compromise between pick and fingers. It will be interesting to see if there is a concensus between on-line and your other customer bases.
Congratulations again.
Tom
sleigh likes this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
(12-20-2023, 01:54 PM)TomC Wrote: Ted
First off congratulations - I have bought several different instruments from LAG and cannot say enough about the support and ease of doing business with Helene and you. Here's to another 20 years.

Custom models
1) L-00 Nick Lucas - deep body 00, 1.75" nut, short or long scale, Sitka/maple or Adirondack/mahogany - 13 fret
2) E20SS - long scale similar to Gibson AJ, Adirondack/rosewood 1.75" nut
3) True OM with long scale both mahogany & rosewood

The E5SS or all mahogany 00 would be nice, but I probably wouldn't be as interested. 

Personally I would like to see string spacing at the bridge of 2.25". I think this is a good compromise between pick and fingers. It will be interesting to see if there is a concensus between on-line and your other customer bases.
Congratulations again.
Tom

Thanks for the kind words, Tom and for the record we could not have asked for a better client.

As you know, all of our house custom Martins feature 1.75" nut with 2.25" saddle spacing, which I also feel is a great a versatyle combo and our clients obviously agree. At this point I'm not sure what options will be available but I appreciate the feedback.

Happy holidays to you and yours, Tom
TomC and guitarlover like this post
Ted
Another vote for an all-mahogany OM or 00, and for slope-shoulder models with Eastman's "full-size" (1-3/4" nut, full round C profile, not the thin one of current SS models) neck.

And probably too different from what they currently do: A 12-fret dreadnought and/or 000, in all-mahogany.
AlanSam and sleigh like this post
Eastman E1D, Iris OG, Guild GAD30, The Loar LH300, Harmony H167
First of all I'd like to congratulate Ted and Helene for doing so much for the guitar community. I know that I've done my part to keep them in business, and they've done their part to keep me supplied with fine guitars. As for the Eastman custom shop, I'd suggest an Eastmanized Martin 000-15sm. This would feature the following:

000 or OM body
Full mahogany with burst top - Eastman does some of the best-looking bursts in the business
12 fret
1 3/4" nut with 2 1/4" string spacing
Short Scale
Full gloss
Solid headstock
TomC and AlanSam like this post
Congrats to LA Guitars! 20 years is amazing, and something we should all aspire to. It isn't easy. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with. These projects are so much fun, but also so much work.

Congrats again,

John
Kneedtospeed, AlanSam, cgalardi, Al30906 like this post
What I like about TAS and LAG is that they are business enterprises run by guitar enthusiasts.
TomC, cgalardi, SasquatchLife like this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
(12-20-2023, 10:50 AM)Ted @ LA Guitar Sales Wrote: Hey folks!

Well, it looks like Eastman is back in the Custom Shop biz so Helene and I are working on a limited run, or two to help us celebrate our 20th anniversary. Wow, hard to believe it's been that long. Many of you have you been asking for more of our E15SS and E5SS customs which were based on the Gibson LG series that were built for us from 2014 through 2018, and we are seeing if they will build more of these hugely popular customs for us, but what else would you like to see?

We are planning on some exclusive models from Eastmans (as well as other brands) so let us know what you would like to see.

BTW, here is the link to that long discontinued custom. It was available both with Rosewood and Mahogany back and sides.

https://www.laguitarsales.com/index.php/...45065.html

Happy holidays!

Congrats on 20 years. I bought my first Eastman from you in 2020, an E6OM. You were great to work with and recommend you and TAS for any Eastman inquirer.

I would love to see these models:

- 12 fret all mahogany OM/000 (Martin 000-15sm style)
- L-00 13 fret deep body. Or 12 fret
AlanSam likes this post
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eastman guitar model spec descriptions? eljay 5 3,599 09-27-2021, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida