Eastman AR805ce (video added post #8)
Congrats on the snaggage. A real beaut!

There's a craig's-listing for the very same model in my neck of the woods asking twice that price.
When I saw the CL ad on Sunday afternoon... $750, my first thought was, should I ask if I could run right over, or can I come in my car?

I had a Gibson ES150 for 20+yrs, sold it for a good price. Went a couple years without an arch but, they just get in your blood. My first Eastman was an AR810ce in 2011, ~1700 and worth every penny. Eastman flattops are pretty much on the same level as their archtops now days.
(03-06-2018, 06:36 PM)Bert Wrote: When I saw the CL ad on Sunday afternoon... $750, my first thought was, should I ask if I could run right over, or can I come in my car?

I had a Gibson ES150 for 20+yrs, sold it for a good price.  Went a couple years without an arch but, they just get in your blood.  My first Eastman was an AR810ce in 2011, ~1700 and worth every penny.  Eastman flattops are pretty much on the same level as their archtops now days.

What kind of strings did you put on it?
es, I put on a set of D'Ad EHR350, jazz lights, Half-Rounds (12-52). When I brought it home it had a set of (very old) round-wounds, dullsville but no string squeak. The Half-Rounds are in-between std winding and round wound, very minimum string squeak and very good.

If playing unplugged only, PB might work fine, coated would minimize squeak. Plugged-in, the nickel picks up better, and also good for unplugged. I like to slide up/down strings so min squeak is important, tradeoffs like all string decisions.
Spring Break, my son is not teaching physics this week..  first time we've had the chance to play side by side (my new-to-me) 2006 AR805ce and his 2011 AR880ce.  Stars aligned.  Shy

[Image: BQSLMZk.jpg]
(04-05-2018, 05:57 PM)Bert Wrote: Spring Break, my son is not teaching physics this week..  first time we've had the chance to play side by side (my new-to-me) 2006 AR805ce and his 2011 AR880ce.  Stars aligned.  Shy

Beautiful guitars, both of them.  Great score on the 805 -- I really dig the shape, with the drop-off cutaway (don't know if that's the right term for it, but it looks great!)
Wow. Very nice guitar at a frighteningly good price. The trouble with Eastman guitars for retired guys (in my case at least), is mine keeps me up for hours and hours every night playing, so in essence I'm reverting to being teenager. Works for me!
Amen brother.... I'm so retired that I don't even know what day it is... or time... or  Arrow Arrow Arrow what did I do today, other than play my Eastman.  Wink
[Image: OE6Ay6t.jpg]
(03-05-2018, 10:37 AM)Bert Wrote: Late yesterday afternoon this pic appeared on ATL CL for sale.... Angel

[Image: nUte04J.jpg]

New pic this morning, standing next to E20OM-TC...  Heart

[Image: WjdllIR.jpg]

Early bird gets the worm.

Both beautiful instruments. The woods used are exceptional. The 810, 822FF, and E20D each get played daily. It’s amazing how the E20 and 822 opened up soundwise in just a few short months.

(04-18-2018, 04:21 PM)droptune56 Wrote: [Image: OE6Ay6t.jpg]
(03-05-2018, 10:37 AM)Bert Wrote: Late yesterday afternoon this pic appeared on ATL CL for sale.... Angel

[Image: nUte04J.jpg]

New pic this morning, standing next to E20OM-TC...  Heart

[Image: WjdllIR.jpg]

Early bird gets the worm.

Both beautiful instruments. The woods used are exceptional. The 810, 822FF, and E20D each get played daily. It’s amazing how the E20 and 822 opened up soundwise in just a few short months.

Images were a bit on the large side....sorry. Need to remember to re-size before sending.

Attached Files

dropT, gotta love that Eastman arch.

Tim can probably help with posting / sizing pics, I resize my pics in Photoshop Elements.  Then, store my pics on Imgur.com, get the BBC code/link.. put that where I want it to appear in the text.. magic.

Just uploaded this one to Imgur 5mins ago, my pickguard is sitting a scoach high.... Ben Franklin would be proud 'necessity is the mother of invention'.  bert

[Image: PdkFpIU.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NGD Eastman El Rey 4.. Video @ post#14 Bert 23 6,604 08-30-2018, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Tim Farney