E6D-TC Alpine top - $795
https://davesguitar.com/products/eastman...e6d-tc-20/

Very tempting!
Wow!  That is very tempting.
UncleJesse likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(03-30-2021, 10:24 AM)Pura Vida Wrote: Wow!  That is very tempting.

If I wasn't completely stacked on dreads I would have bought it.
Sold? Already?
Hey, No Fair! Come On Dave, Give Us A Chance Here......

Eastman AC422CE
CAUTION: I'm Singing A Christian Song (AC422)[/font][/size]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfM4wJZUYoE

Well, that went quickly.  I also saw that they listed two used E40's a dread and an OM.  But they increased the price of their used E40s by $300 which I found very surprising.  They had their used E40s and Double Tops at the same price ($1450).  The DTs are still the same price, but the price jump of used e40s is quite significant.  I wonder what triggered it.  Used E40s would sit for sale on their site for quite a while.  I imagine with the bump in price, they'll last even longer and they're not that far from 15% - 20% off list price.
2020 Eastman E10SS/V; 2020 Eastman E2D; 2020 Yamaha FS830; 2021 Farida OT-22W; 2022 Alvarez MD60BG; 2022 AC630 SB; 2023 Eastman AC622CE
My understanding is that Alpine Spruce doesn't toast as dark as Sitka Spruce. The guitar on the left is the E6D-TC and the one on the right is an E8D-TC. If you look closely the grain on the E6 is much wider than on the E8. Whichever the top first few strums sound very good. I really need to stay away from the classifieds on guitar forums.

[Image: vph0OxM.jpg]
AlanSam and Winfielder like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
So you were the one who got it from Dave's?   Congrats!  Those two look fantastic.
AlanSam likes this post
2020 Eastman E10SS/V; 2020 Eastman E2D; 2020 Yamaha FS830; 2021 Farida OT-22W; 2022 Alvarez MD60BG; 2022 AC630 SB; 2023 Eastman AC622CE
(03-31-2021, 06:29 PM)TomC Wrote: My understanding is that Alpine Spruce doesn't toast as dark as Sitka Spruce. The guitar on the left is the E6D-TC and the one on the right is an E8D-TC. If you look closely the grain on the E6 is much wider than on the E8. Whichever the top first few strums sound very good. I really need to stay away from the classifieds on guitar forums.

[Image: vph0OxM.jpg]

Congratulations Tom! Well - what do you make of it?
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Alan
NUGD post to follow sometime in the next couple of weeks or so. At first blush - very balanced.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
Wait, what?  LOL.

Congrats, Tom.  I'm really interested to hear your impressions of this E6D-TC with the Alpine Spruce.  I realize the body woods are different, but how do the two compare, as well as to an Adi top?
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E6D-TC Alpine KEPT and E6OM-TC Alpine TRADED TomC 18 3,522 10-03-2022, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TomC