E6D-TC Alpine top - $795
I thought I would add a close up comparison of the an E8D-TC with thermocured Sitka spruce compared to an E6D-TC with thermocured unspecified spruce but probably Alpine. There are obvious differences in the grain lines/inch and the Sitka on the 8 is much more toasted. Eastman didn't track or at least won't confirm which of the thermocured 6's and 8's got Sitka vs a limited run of Alpine, but I would have to conclude these are two different species of wood.

[Image: YdN4m5F.jpg]
Shishigashira, billymo, Pura Vida, AlanSam, Meathead, DonJmmn like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
Huge difference.  And the unidentified (Alpine) Spruce may even be lighter than the Adi TC models.  Sitka always has that pumpkin orange-brown, while some of the other species (Adi, Alpine, Engelmann) get more golden.

Can't wait to get your impressions on how it sounds.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(04-04-2021, 07:53 PM)Cedar Wrote: Congrats! Would be very interested in your elaboration of the tone being "balanced". Do you like the mids or are they a bit too hot? Does the bass have a comfortable rumble like a Martin or is it "clear" like a Collings?

Not the purchaser but having owned several Eastmans, none of them have the bass rumble of a Martin.  They tend more towards mids and highs.  Closer to Collings in tone without as much sizzle.   I can't imagine the Alpine top as being a severe departure from the normal Eastman tone, but then again I'm only speculating! haha
AlanSam and Pura Vida like this post
Congrats Tom. We are anxious to hear about the tone of course.
My 2016 Eastman AC422 looks exactly like the light wood in your photo.
I wonder if it might could have Alpine Spruce?

Eastman AC422CE
CAUTION: I'm Singing A Christian Song (AC422)[/font][/size]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfM4wJZUYoE

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E6D-TC Alpine KEPT and E6OM-TC Alpine TRADED TomC 18 3,522 10-03-2022, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TomC