Eastman E16SS Bearclaw
I was seriously considering this E16SS because of the stunning bearclaw top. I noticed it finally sold on Reverb, and hope someone on here got it. Anyone get this one? It's amazing to me that Eastman would provide such a stunning all solid wood and extremely bearclaw top at only $1500. There's a guy on YT that bought this model and said that the same build spec at Martin or Taylor would've cost $5,000.

Does anyone own this model yet?? I'm really interested in it. I want another dread, and I love the aesthetics of this guitar. I just have no experience with maple b/s. I've read it has strong fundamentals like hog?

I've also never had an Adi Top. I mainly play fingerstyle or light strumming. Jazz chord structures. Rarely do I use a flat pick. So with that being said, isn't Adi really best served for someone that has a more aggressive attack? With that being said, I'm wanting to learn more bluegrass and flat-picking styles.

Thanks! And man are we blessed to have such great guitars in Eastman.

Eastman E16SS-TC-LTD, Thermo-Cured Bearclaw Adirondack, Birdseye Maple, Limited https://reverb.com/item/63624328-eastman...t=63624328
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D
That guitar is stunning!  AMW gets some really nice guitars.  It's funny... their store is located only a block away from where my wife worked, when we lived in Pittsburgh.  Thankfully, they weren't there at the time, and I wasn't into acoustic guitars (nor could I afford a decent guitar back then, LOL).

I've seen a few of these online, and I think they could be really nice.  Definitely different than a Mahogany slope dread.  I think a few EGF members have played one, but I don't recall anyone who's taken one home, yet.  The narrow nut width are still deal busters for me... I sold my otherwise stellar E10SS/v last month for that reason.
SasquatchLife likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
No Eastman - still interesting…

Guzzi Fan and SasquatchLife like this post
„I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things“ Tom Waits
Interesting comparison Mitch!
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
(12-11-2022, 10:53 AM)Mitch Wrote: No Eastman - still interesting…

That's a great comparison. I preferred the hog myself. Like Milo said on the video, the hog has more bass response and has a darker sound. More punch IMO too. The Maple sounds super clean and crisp, but not enough bass and not as punchy.
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D
(12-10-2022, 01:52 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: That guitar is stunning!  AMW gets some really nice guitars.  It's funny... their store is located only a block away from where my wife worked, when we lived in Pittsburgh.  Thankfully, they weren't there at the time, and I wasn't into acoustic guitars (nor could I afford a decent guitar back then, LOL).

I've seen a few of these online, and I think they could be really nice.  Definitely different than a Mahogany slope dread.  I think a few EGF members have played one, but I don't recall anyone who's taken one home, yet.  The narrow nut width are still deal busters for me... I sold my otherwise stellar E10SS/v last month for that reason.

The Acoustic Shoppe has two of these in stock now. One measures 1.735 at the nut and the other 1.745. That's getting pretty darn close to 1.75 inches!!

Pura Vida, sleigh, SasquatchLife like this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E16SS-TC Maple Fatfingers 18 4,810 04-03-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Vapour
  New Eastman E16SS-TC-LTD Limited Edition Released for Winter 2022 WindmillGuitars 16 5,547 11-25-2022, 02:43 AM
Last Post: alc1955