E10SS / E10SS/v
I know that several of our EGF members own this model, so I thought it would be good to kick off a thread.  Post your thoughts, experiences, and (of course) photos here!
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
I have an Eastman E10SS. It is not close to being broken in. Nevertheless, it is a fantastic instrument that will only get better over time. It is visually flawless. It has a clubby yet narrow nut neck - 1 11/16 but with a very round C shape; it feels like a baseball bat.

It is tight and a little nasally - and I think that will open up over time. It sounds more Martin than Gibson though. It doesnt have that treble jangle, although it does have the Gibson low-end thump.

A few pictures:

[Image: 3Y0rINal.jpg]

[Image: smKJnJOl.jpg]

[Image: 5sL34CZl.jpg]

[Image: Oin5YW2l.jpg]

[Image: B0WR9Mrl.jpg]
Sal, great photos and description (although that last one makes me anxious, LOL!). I've also heard is said that it looks like a Gibson, but doesn't sound like one (closer to Martin, as you describe). Your breaking in / opening up comments interest me. How old/new is your guitar?
The guitar is only 3 or 4 months old I think? I am the first owner. I wonder what it would sound like, and if it would open up quicker, if it were sitka and not Adi?
E10SS, well I've owned two of the orig shipment E10SS prototypes:

A good friend bought a cherryburst E10SS prototype in late 2011, he called and said come over. When I got back home I ordered an E10SS from Bernunzio. My first E10SS was a tobaccoburst beauty. (Upon EP1's idea, on new years day 2012... he and I put together a demo of his E20SS and my E10SS. Internet speeds between Missouri and ATL were less than desireable at that time but we got er done:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHasR0HzxE0

[Image: CiPUzjR.jpg]

A very short time after that my buddy came over and wanted to trade me his Cherryburst E10SS for my E10D I had just purchased.... I thought about it for a nano and told myself I can get another E10D, Cherryburst got a new home that day. Tobaccoburst went down the road and I did get another E10D.

As far as acoustic guitars go, its always what's under the hood that counts.

[Image: eusa3da.jpg]
(10-02-2017, 10:13 AM)ThemisSal Wrote: The guitar is only 3 or 4 months old I think? I am the first owner. I wonder what it would sound like, and if it would open up quicker, if it were sitka and not Adi?

Thanks for the video link.  I'm usually partial to rosewood, but both sound great.

And that's exactly why I was asking (young age, Adi vs. Sitka).  My E20OM-SB is about 4-5 months old, and it's still really tight sounding, compared to the other three Eastman Rosewood/Adi guitars.  I've been treating it as a lesson in patience to see if/how it will continue to break in, change, open up.  Maybe I'll create a separate thread, so I don't convolute this one further.   Smile
After owning many over many years and listening to what numerous builders/luthiers and players have to say, I've come to a simple conclusion. Every piece of wood is diff from the next.. no matter the same tree, quartered billet, etc. Builders like Eastman have the know-how to separate pieces that will make a good guitar from pulpwood. The range for what is acceptable to make a good guitar is somewhat narrow, the best wood for tone/resonance may be the worst looking and the best looking wood may be the worst sounding. (there are no hard/fast rules when dealing with non-linear wood)

About 13-14yrs ago I owned a Gibson Songwriters (EIR/sitka), stiffest guitar I had ever owned. The the same time I had a beautiful/warm SantaCruz Tony Rice (EIR/sitka). Both dreads with same wood, night/day diff in how they changed over time.

The Gibson opened up like angel dust had hit it after a couple years. The Santa Cruz TR was my go to for six years, after year five the bass became too much for me... I like clear mids and bring in bass/treble.

The most harsh sounding new guitar I ever owned was a Collings D2HG (EIR/german spruce). After a couple years it became the most incredible dread I have ever owned. A year after a shoulder injury I sold it because my shoulder kept howling, still kickin the sand on that one.

There is no telling which way a guitar will go over time is my belief, my E10SS was warm day one, if it's changed over time it has be unnoticeable. who knows is what i know
Great perspectives, Bert. Really good stuff.

Surrounded by wine country, I've met a few winemakers, and the parallels are similar. You can take grapes from the same vineyard, and depending on a number of factors, end up with drastically different products (mix of art and science, so to speak). Not to mention aging... some wines taste great the day they're bottled, and some require several years to age. It's just like our guitars... only our guitars continue to get better with age and provide a more lasting satisfaction. :)
Good stuff Bert. I agree with what you said regarding the uniqueness of each piece of wood. I went on the Taylor guitar factory tour last year in El Cajon and it was fascinating to see all the pallets of wood stacked throughout the factory, and the different pre-markings they already had on each piece of wood. Such an interesting process.

Regarding guitars 'opening up' over time - I have tried to accelerate that process a few times in the past using the infamous tone-rite device (https://www.tonerite.com/). If I am just being honest, I really don't know if there was a discernible difference in tone, or if it was placebo effect. I think my money would have been better spent on one of these: https://www.tonewoodamp.com/
[Image: 6ku3cCK]One of the reasons i prefer used guitars is they have already "grow up" so there's no need to wait for the sound to come. I've had Recording king which was all solid mah./sit. and it was dramatically changing every day for first 10 months.  But also I've noticed that every guitar I've own was sounding different on different days / seasons, subtle but noticeable.
Some folks believe " including me" that you must love the guitars sound from first day becouse the change wont be that big although  the tightness does tend to disappear over the years.
Did anybody else noticed that adi toped guitar need half hour of playing to perform the best...or maybe loose top....or I am a trumpet?

my E10SS
https://imgur.com/6ku3cCK

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E1SS v E6SS v E10SS v e10SS/v Yosen91 3 157 Yesterday, 12:23 PM
Last Post: oldtone
  E10ss/v latest verdict? ThemisSal 27 2,508 04-12-2024, 03:45 AM
Last Post: ThemisSal
  E10ss/v REHII 10 1,174 03-14-2024, 10:57 PM
Last Post: REHII