E10ss/v latest verdict?
I think the finish is actually pretty robust on the newer ones with the poly finish.

I hope you enjoy yours!

I am checking in to close the loop a tad. I did order one and play it. It was beautiful but hearing it alongside my friend’s Gibson made me hear how different it was from his guitar, and my memory of the E10ss models I shouldn’t have sold. Anyways I returned it to the dealer who was awesome in taking it back, and it was worth the few fees for me to give it a whirl again.

I did order a used Gibson, which wasn’t a heck of a lot more than the new Eastman. I think the guitar market is softening.
guitarlover likes this post
Sal - you say ' I think the finish is actually pretty robust on the newer ones with the poly finish. ' So they don't finish with a coat of shellac anymore? Also, I would be interested in your views on the used Gibson you've ordered, including a couple of pics if possible.
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Alan,

the Eastman may in fact have wiped on shellac or varnish underneath? Maybe. You’d never know it. It’s completely different than my old E10ss/v that is in this thread. It is most definitely poly coated, or True Tone, or whatever marketing calls it. Gone from my sample is the deep voice and rumble I remember. But hey, I’m open minded enough to acknowledge that perhaps my memory is more romantic than my old guitar actually was? I don’t think that’s the case, but maybe…

I am trying out a Gibson J-45 Original 60s in Wine Red. It has an adjustable bridge, and a neck I think I’d like. 

by the way, I also remember having a sunburst E10ss that was nitro… maybe back 9 years or so. Stellar. Magnificent as well. Finish scratches be darned.

https://youtu.be/8LYn0nOXUFQ?si=HJ61XxqMM_4laKcl

Thanks for that Sal - impressive!
Alan
Thanks so much for the help guys!! AlanSam & ThemisSal Smile
(dang? nice voice, as-well!) bravo Smile
AlanSam likes this post
Alan… I did buy the Gibson. This one. It has a wonderful sound. I’ve owned so many j45s. This one sounds more Hummingbird. It has the adj saddle.

[Image: TXjwWn0h.jpg]
Congratulations Sal! Interesting to hear you being positive about an adjustable saddle Gibson - most commentators don't like them. Attractifve looking too, although to me J45 means sunburst.
Alan
Thanks Alan! Funny thing… for years I have read on forums that the adj saddle is a tone robber… and to swap it out and have it converted to a fixed saddle. Yet this is the loudest J45 I have owned…
AlanSam likes this post