Dave's Guitar Shop
Gonna be a fun afternoon/evening.  Enjoy!
Pura Vida likes this post
D18 

"We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion-year-old carbon and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden"

Joni Mitchell
I look forward to reading your detailed analysis, and especially comparisons with your other Eastmans.  

Enjoy!

Rod
(07-29-2021, 02:36 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: My E8D-TC arrived this morning.  Full NGD thread to follow separately, but initial impressions leave me extremely impressed.  I swapped out the stock D'Add strings for my usual GHS PB lights and have it sitting beside me until I finish up some work.

Could possibly be the best sounding guitar under $3000 on planet earth.
vashondan and AlanSam like this post

Eastman AC422CE
CAUTION: I'm Singing A Christian Song (AC422)[/font][/size]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfM4wJZUYoE

So what's up with the E20oo-ss stock at Dave's?  They have 5! of them.  I don't think I've ever seen one of them sell (in the past few months of stalking that page.)
Maybe the combination of smaller body and narrow nut width / string spacing has a smaller customer base than their regular 00 and the larger bodies (dread, OM).  If I am buying a 00, I want at least 1-3/4" nut width (probably wider, if I played fingerstyle), and I'd want a 12-fret 00, so I get the longer upper bout (fuller sound).  Those 00 SS are good for strumming and blues, as long as you don't have big hands like mine.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Wanted to throw an update out there that Dave's has some great prices on a few used Eastman's.  I picked up a E8OM (non TC) last night for the best price I have seen used.  They have a E10OM-TC that I was debating on with the E8OM, but ended up wanting to get a rosewood.  There are also a few other great prices I saw as well on their inventory of used Eastmans.  Good luck!
Thanks for the update, Matt.  Looking forward to your NGD thread!
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Ok, which one of you did it?

[Image: LK7FBEw.jpg]
Looks like a steal - and stolen!
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Wow... sweet model!  Where did that come from??

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Selection from Dave's Guitar Shop SasquatchLife 3 1,326 10-18-2020, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Shishigashira