Dave's Guitar Shop
Congratulations - if it sounds as good as my standard E8D you will be well pleased. And of course, pics and review are de rigueur.
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Thanks @AlanSam!  I have heard all the positive experiences other members have had and if the this particular guitar has no major issues, it will be all I need for quite sometime. I really like the sound of some of the rosewoods I played, Martin, Furch, Guild, Larrivee. I did not care care for the Taylor sound on the rosewood dread.  It should fit into the family well:

2019 Eastman PCH-CLA
2020 Eastman E6D
2016 Gibson J-45
2020 PRS SE Paul’s Guitar
2021 E8D-TC

May have to sign off all forums for a while as I think that is enough instruments for my middling skill.  But all are different and I learn different things from each.   Smile
AlanSam likes this post
“Let there be songs to fill the air.” ~ Garcia/Hunter
Congrats!  Tbe "sold" / hold was actually me.  I was actually trying to determine if it was Sitka vs. Alpine Spruce.  I already have a standard E8D, which is great, but if it was Alpine, then it was coming home with me (to match my E6D-TC with Alpine).  Both the shop and Mark H. at Eastman confirmed it was Sitka, so I asked them to remove the hold.  Funny thing... that happened within 30-60 minutes, so obviously, these things move fast!

Hope you enjoy that E8D-TC.  It looks like a beautiful guitar.
AlanSam likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Good to know someone else did not go to the store and found the bridge in the sound hole. Wink

I was on the phone with Russ? When it went on sold hold, asking essentially how they could sell a used TC for that price. The hold sold kinda ended the conversation.  I am hoping it is in a similar condition as my last purchase, which was also listed as excellent.
Pura Vida and Shishigashira like this post
@Pura Vida, You probably have seen it but there is 1 on Reverb currently. the Fret Shoppe in Va.

Edited
Pura Vida likes this post
SF, I saw that and had a brief exchange via Reverb, as I did with Wolf Music, who also had one (but sold/pulled listing, when I emailed them).  LAGS was seeing if they could get their hands on one, but these E8D-TC (Alpine) seem to be quite rare.

And then, Sky Guitars posted one and confirmed it was Alpine.  After reading several positive reviews of this dealer (UncleJesse, EMS, Zeiss, and others), plus realizing that this will likely sell quickly, I ordered it this afternoon.  Eric prioritized the setup and shipped it already... NGD arrives this Thursday (UPS-willing).

Looks like I'll need to sell that E10SS/v, and maybe one more for peace and harmony at home.  Smile
sleigh and TomC like this post
Congratulations Brian. I can’t wait to hear your comparison to the E6 Alpine and if memory serves you have a standard E8D. Very nice add.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
Congratulations!  I saw the one from Sky but they did not advertise it as an Alpine spruce.  My E8D -TC arrives from Dave’s Wednesday. I am getting stoked.
Woot, woot!  It's going to be an exciting week.
My E8D-TC arrived this morning.  Full NGD thread to follow separately, but initial impressions leave me extremely impressed.  I swapped out the stock D'Add strings for my usual GHS PB lights and have it sitting beside me until I finish up some work.
billymo, Winfielder, sleigh, TomC, DonJmmn, vashondan like this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Selection from Dave's Guitar Shop SasquatchLife 3 1,327 10-18-2020, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Shishigashira