Bourgeois Touchstone Vintage D Exc Condition $sold new lower price
2022 Touchstone Vintage D - excellent to mint condition. I took it out of the house once. Old Sitka/EIR. 1 23/32" nut. 2.2" saddle spacing. 25.5 scale. The Touchstone series are started in Maine, assembled at Eastman guitars in China and then returned to Maine for final set-up. Full specs here - https://bourgeoisguitars.com/touchstone-vintage-ts/

Why am I selling - there is a vintage Gibson slope that I would like to acquire. I will be listing 3-4 guitars and hope to sell at least 2 to fund the Gibson. Includes OHSC in mint condition. Price includes shipping CONUS

Pics are in this imgur album. More available on requests. https://imgur.com/a/Kot0N7f

[Image: kRyWKUh.jpg]
Winfielder and sleigh like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
This is a great price on an exceptional guitar!
And Tom takes exceptional care of his guitars, and packs them carefully when he ships them out!
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Thank you both and willing to consider reasonable offers.
sleigh and Winfielder like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
I bought one of these through The Acoustic Shoppe when they first came out; otherwise I'd be all over this.  

It's an awesome guitar, especially if you're wanting to be heard several miles away Smile

(it's super loud with those Adirondack braces, but still really sweet with that sitka top)
TomC likes this post
(06-17-2023, 05:59 PM)Winfielder Wrote: I bought one of these through The Acoustic Shoppe when they first came out; otherwise I'd be all over this.  

It's an awesome guitar, especially if you're wanting to be heard several miles away Smile

(it's super loud with those Adirondack braces, but still really sweet with that sitka top)
Winfielder​​​​​, I feel exactly that way about my Furch, loud yet Sitka sweet. Lol

Don
sleigh and Winfielder like this post
2023 Martin D-41 
2023 Martin Custom Shop HD-28 GE
2023 Martin D-18 Authentic 1937 VTS
2021 Martin D-35
2023 Gibson J45

Oh my gosh, Don, I just noticed another Boucher in your sig...congratulations!  Does that BG-42-G sound better to your ear than your old E10D-tc?  Does the BG-52-V sound better to your ear than your old E40D-tc?  I've never encountered a Boucher in person.

Btw, I figured out why your old E40D-tc sounds so radically different from my two E40D models: it's a completely different design (significantly smaller body, different shaped body, different voicing).  The tc body is 1/2" narrower in the upper bout, 1/8" narrower in the lower bout, 1/4" shorter in length, and 1/4" shallower in depth.

I had been expecting the tc to have all the same specs as my older E40D models except for the baked top, and to therefore feel and sound like an Eastman.  But Eastman designed it more toward Bourgeois specs (which are smaller) and voiced it in a Bourgeois style, with the result being something that feels and sounds like a Bourgeois, not an Eastman.  So the new E40D-tc and the Touchstone Vintage D are actually close siblings in that their designs are both heavily influenced by Bourgeois and they both have more of a Bourgeois sound to them.

I was really turned off by the feel and sound of the E40D-tc when I first received it because I had been expecting something else.  But now that I've done a mental reset and just appreciate it for what it is, I love it.  A tc version of one of my older E40D guitars might have been too overtoney and too muddy, but doing things in more of a Bourgeois style results in a more focused sound that doesn't have those issues.  

(special thanks to John at The Acoustic Shoppe for taking the time to address this in one of his recent livestream videos)
sleigh and AlanSam like this post
(06-18-2023, 02:52 AM)Winfielder Wrote: Oh my gosh, Don, I just noticed another Boucher in your sig...congratulations!  Does that BG-42-G sound better to your ear than your old E10D-tc?  Does the BG-52-V sound better to your ear than your old E40D-tc?  I've never encountered a Boucher in person.

Btw, I figured out why your old E40D-tc sounds so radically different from my two E40D models: it's a completely different design (significantly smaller body, different shaped body, different voicing).  The tc body is 1/2" narrower in the upper bout, 1/8" narrower in the lower bout, 1/4" shorter in length, and 1/4" shallower in depth.

I had been expecting the tc to have all the same specs as my older E40D models except for the baked top, and to therefore feel and sound like an Eastman.  But Eastman designed it more toward Bourgeois specs (which are smaller) and voiced it in a Bourgeois style, with the result being something that feels and sounds like a Bourgeois, not an Eastman.  So the new E40D-tc and the Touchstone Vintage D are actually close siblings in that their designs are both heavily influenced by Bourgeois and they both have more of a Bourgeois sound to them.

I was really turned off by the feel and sound of the E40D-tc when I first received it because I had been expecting something else.  But now that I've done a mental reset and just appreciate it for what it is, I love it.  A tc version of one of my older E40D guitars might have been too overtoney and too muddy, but doing things in more of a Bourgeois style results in a more focused sound that doesn't have those issues.  

(special thanks to John at The Acoustic Shoppe for taking the time to address this in one of his recent livestream videos)
Hi James! I sent you an email. Out of respect to Tom’s post on the Bourgeois, I didn’t want to hijack his post.

Don
sleigh and AlanSam like this post
2023 Martin D-41 
2021 Martin D-35
2023 Gibson J45

Actually Don, I posted that here in this thread specifically out of respect for Tom.

How so?

Because every post--whether on topic or not--bumps his thread...which helps Tom sell his guitar faster, which is the whole goal of the thread, and is therefore respectful to Tom.  

I appreciate your desire to respect Tom; I share the exact same desire!  Both of our hearts are in the right place, we just have different reasons for coming to different conclusions.  I of course considered your way, but also considered my way, and then intentionally chose to do things as I did for the reasons I've laid out.  I hope my reasoning is clear regarding how I was intentionally showing Tom respect by adding extra bumps to his thread.

I know I would certainly appreciate any and all bumps if I were in a similar situation, and I always try to follow the Golden Rule and show people the same respect that I would hope to receive.  So if I ever post a 'for sale' thread, by all means, please post in it however you want and keep it bumped to the top and looking interesting instead of looking like a lifeless thread (threads with more posts look more interesting and get more clicks).  I would sincerely appreciate it.  I suspect that most anyone would, if they really thought about it.

Good luck with your sale, Tom!  I hope you choose to have a positive attitude toward my sincere efforts to be helpful.
sleigh likes this post
(06-18-2023, 01:18 PM)Winfielder Wrote: Actually Don, I posted that here in this thread specifically out of respect for Tom.

How so?

Because every post--whether on topic or not--bumps his thread...which helps Tom sell his guitar faster, which is the whole goal of the thread, and is therefore respectful to Tom.  

I appreciate your desire to respect Tom; I share the exact same desire!  Both of our hearts are in the right place, we just have different reasons for coming to different conclusions.  I of course considered your way, but also considered my way, and then intentionally chose to do things as I did for the reasons I've laid out.  I hope my reasoning is clear regarding how I was intentionally showing Tom respect by adding extra bumps to his thread.

I know I would certainly appreciate any and all bumps if I were in a similar situation, and I always try to follow the Golden Rule and show people the same respect that I would hope to receive.  So if I ever post a 'for sale' thread, by all means, please post in it however you want and keep it bumped to the top and looking interesting instead of looking like a lifeless thread (threads with more posts look more interesting and get more clicks).  I would sincerely appreciate it.  I suspect that most anyone would, if they really thought about it.

Good luck with your sale, Tom!  I hope you choose to have a positive attitude toward my sincere efforts to be helpful.
Thanks for the info James! I learned something new today about bumps. Lol
I have always viewed you as a respectful guy, now I will view you as a teachable guy as well. Smile
Good luck with the sale Tom!

Don
Winfielder likes this post
2023 Martin D-41 
2021 Martin D-35
2023 Gibson J45

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E20SSv VG+ condition Price drop - $sold w/shipping TomC 8 922 05-08-2024, 02:45 PM
Last Post: TomC
  [SOLD] Eastman T184MX-LS in Excellent Condition pax238 2 2,055 07-30-2021, 07:55 PM
Last Post: pax238
  FS E6OM $500 + Shipping (price drop) SOLD vashondan 4 1,546 05-26-2021, 12:41 PM
Last Post: vashondan