East Indian vs Madagascar Rosewood - Differences
There are so many factors in the differences of tone due to construction, design, top wood choices (which is most important) it's really hard to be sure of specifics. I agree, back and side woods flavor the tone somewhat.  It's kinda like the difference between moon spruce, adi, european and engleman spruces.  Sometimes it's hype, but mostly the example of the "particular piece of wood and how the guitar is put together" that makes the biggest differences.  I say this because I live down the road from Dream Guitars and I get to play hundreds of woods and designs from allot of small builders and many vintage examples there over many years. There is just so much to differentiate even small nuances of tone qualities.  There are even degree's of greatness, volume, sensitivity, projection, definition, brilliance, resonance...on and on. I believe that specific pieces of wood have very much to do with how great the tone is, even if the guitars are built the same, from the same builder, using different tree's of like woods that will and can change the sound of an acoustic, either manufactured or from a one off boutique builders.

I'm sure many of you have A/B'ed like models from what I call factory builds and hearing that one that just stood out better...of course there is some subjectivity in what humans hear, but not much for musicians ears to discern.

I like to watch this guy, he's got some thoughts on wood qualities! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dBZRxGnviQ&t=1416s
AlanSam likes this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: East Indian vs Madagascar Rosewood - Differences - by nobodeuno - 03-31-2023, 01:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Madagascar OM and Dreadnought in stock REHII 0 753 02-26-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: REHII
  a longtime Martin player goes East(man) nostatic 11 2,561 02-05-2023, 03:45 PM
Last Post: nostatic
  E20-MR-TC - Madagascar demo from TAS TomC 6 2,160 11-21-2022, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Pura Vida