Replacing a bad pot in a new T486
Aloha from Hawaii,

I have a T486 purchased about 3 months ago.  I have 2 Gibson Les Pauls that I love, but my new favorite is this Eastman. It is amazing!

Everything has been great with this instrument until last week when the bridge volume pot started crackling when turning. I tried some contact cleaner spray in the pot, but to no avail.  I had some good quality 500k pots, so I thought I’d just try to replace it.  I put thread/ strings on all the pots and proceeded to try to remove the harness.  I immediately ran into a major issue. I couldn’t remove the first pot through the f hole.  I tried everything that I thought was reasonable without trying to force it and damaging the finish.

my question to the group is:  has any one replaced the pots and is there something obvious that I’m doing wrong?  

I thought I might try removing the bridge pickup to see if that’s the way the wiring was installed.  Can any confirm that this might work?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

thanks,
m

Messages In This Thread
Replacing a bad pot in a new T486 - by Flyinhawaiian - 08-25-2022, 10:53 PM
RE: Replacing a bad pot in a new T486 - by pdxbmw - 10-04-2022, 10:58 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replacing stock pickup nathanm86 2 1,256 09-23-2021, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Wildfield
  Replacing a pickup on an ar503ce - need some advice chinabird 14 5,471 02-10-2021, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Lukew