Replacing stock pickup
Hey y’all, just got myself an ‘07 805CE, I want to replace the stock pickup with a single coil Dearmond, just curious if anyone here has done so and if it’s an involved process, a possible process and what results may have arisen. Thanks!
It is certainly a simple process to change the pickup, unless there is a significant difference in dimensions. As to the sound, that is another matter altogether.
(05-27-2021, 09:52 AM)nathanm86 Wrote: Hey y’all, just got myself an ‘07 805CE, I want to replace the stock pickup with a single coil Dearmond, just curious if anyone here has done so and if it’s an involved process, a possible process and what results may have arisen. Thanks!

In my humble and unprofessional opinion...easy, peasy, lemon squeezy. Smile

Like most things that are delicate, you have to be careful, but it's relatively simple.  I've replaced and/or installed pickups on many guitars - acoustic, solid body, and archtop.  I suggest maybe watching a few "reputable" people demonstrating this on YouTube or other video site, if you've never replaced a pickup.  I believe Stewart-MacDonald aka StewMac would have videos demonstrating pickup swaps as well.

Good luck!  Will be interested to read about your successful pickup removal and installation!

Maybe not helpful, but here is a thread that I started a while back, when I replaced the "stock" pickup in my AR603CE-15.

https://www.eastmanguitarfans.com/Thread...AR603CE-15

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replacing a bad pot in a new T486 Flyinhawaiian 3 2,029 10-04-2022, 10:58 AM
Last Post: pdxbmw
  Replacing a pickup on an ar503ce - need some advice chinabird 14 5,471 02-10-2021, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Lukew