tone tight neck?
How can you tell if your guitar has one? I have a 2023 AC522CE - is it a tone tight?
2021 Eastman E10SS (Mahogany/Adirondack spruce)
2023 Eastman AC522CE-GB (Mahogany/European Spruce) 
Use a mirror and look towards the neck block. If there are two bolts it is a Tone Tite. If not it is dovetail.
AlanSam, Winfielder, Oldjock, sleigh like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
(08-06-2023, 11:23 AM)TomC Wrote: Use a mirror and look towards the neck block. If there are two bolts it is a Tone Tite. If not it is dovetail.

Thanks Tom. I looked where the bolts would be - all that is there is a battery velcroed to the base.

Guess I have one of those "old-fashioned" dovetail neck joints. Which ain't a bad thing. Seems the tone tight is being introduced as a time-saver in the building process?
Interesting - I thought a 2023 model year, 5 series and above would have the TT neck. Does your guitar have an arm bevel and sound port? Also the bolts may be under the black strip of velcro used to hold the battery pouch.

The tone tight necks have their plusses and minuses. Some don't think you should mess with tradition and the dovetail neck joint is best for sound transmission. The biggest drawback is the cost of the inevitable neck reset. Maybe inevitable is too strong a word. For dovetail neck joints, the neck needs to steamed off of the body of the guitar, cleaned, adjusted for the proper relief and then re-attached. This is definitely a repair which should only be undertaken by skilled professionals. In others words - don't try this at home. Bolt-on necks which have been around for awhile are much easier to reset and adjust. From what I have read it is about a 15-20 minute process of removal, re-shim & re-attach. I am probably simplifying it a bit. Taylor has been using bolt on necks for quite some time, as well as Bourgeois and others. Does it affect the tone - my ears aren't good enough to tell. I have a Bourgeois Touchstone Dread with a TT neck. It sounds like a great full, resonant, over-tone filled rosewood dread. 

One thing - I am not sure if you want to add a strap button on the heal, but I would definitely confirm the bolts aren't there before drilling a hole for the strap button.
sleigh, Meathead, AlanSam, Oldjock like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
If you have a Velcro bag covering the block, look up where the fretboard extension is inside the guitar. There will be four small bolts inside visible.

John
Oldjock, Winfielder, Meathead, TomC, sleigh, AlanSam like this post
John Chapman for the win!
hardycreek1 and Oldjock like this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Yes this AC522 has a sound port and a bevel. 

And yes, John Chapman prefers dovetail necks.
Just for reference, I just took possession of a 2021 model (S/N starts with M21) and it has the 4 bolts. I thought they didn't start building these until 2022 but maybe mine is a late '21 build.
I have the sound port and the bevel but I can't see any bolts. 

Either way, it continues to inspire and amaze me with its outstanding tonal qualities. Music to my ears!
TomC and AlanSam like this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tight tuners cj59 10 2,474 08-07-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: cj59
  Neck strap on slottet headstock affecting tone? kruto 7 1,328 02-15-2023, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Silly Moustache