Tight tuners
I just bought an E6 om tc and the tuners are super tight. Anybody have a recommendation on how to loosen them. The G and D strings are the worst.
Just working them will probably help, but lubrication will probably make a big difference.
sleigh and cj59 like this post
Some of the recent Eastman guitars (like my E1D) have open back tuners with screws on the ends of the knobs (like closed back tuners) - if yours are like those, try loosening the screws by half a turn.
cj59 likes this post
Eastman E1D, Iris OG, Guild GAD30, The Loar LH300, Harmony H167
Gotoh SE 700 will fix your problem.
cj59, AlanSam, sleigh like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
(08-03-2023, 10:26 AM)TomC Wrote: Gotoh SE 700 will fix your problem.

My luthier has installed Gotoh SE700 gold tuners on my E8om tc and E20d tc : very beautiful and smooth to turn, it also fix a slight intonation issue that my E8om had
cj59, AlanSam, sleigh like this post
Eastman E8OM-TC
Eastman E20D-TC
Glad you sorted it out, but sorry you had to fork out money. And pics would be good!
cj59 likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
(08-03-2023, 01:30 PM)AlanSam Wrote: Glad you sorted it out, but sorry you had to fork out money. And pics would be good!

I’ll try to post
AlanSam likes this post
Eastman E8OM-TC
Eastman E20D-TC
Do anyone know if the gotoh se700 timers are a simple drop in using the same bushing already there
CJ59
You will need to replace the bushings. The shaft of the Ping tuners is about 6 mm. The shaft of the Goth is about 6.1". The Gotoh shafts will not fit into the Ping bushings. The bushings can be easily removed from the back using a punch and finishing hammer. Check YouTube. There are several videos showing how. Stewmac also makes a little tool you can get to press them in and out. I thought it was a little pricey. I have done about 10 sets without using the tool.

Stewmac tool - https://www.stewmac.com/luthier-tools-an...ing-press/
sleigh and AlanSam like this post

(08-07-2023, 06:51 AM)cj59 Wrote: Do anyone know if the gotoh se700 timers are a simple drop in using the same bushing already there

CJ
Check out this video and jump to 4:11. They will show you how to remove the old bushings. A lot of the rest does not pertain as the original tuners are different than the Waverlys they are installing. The Ping and Gotoh are very similar. Also if you get a set of Gotohs make sure it is the set with 23.7 mm spacing between the mounting screws on the back of the tuners. These - https://reverb.com/item/1116043-gotoh-3l...kel-finish
AlanSam likes this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  tone tight neck? hardycreek1 8 2,128 05-05-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: hardycreek1