a longtime Martin player goes East(man)
I like my Eastman and my Martins.   

I have to say I've been very impressed with my Martin 000-16 Streetmaster.  I think it provides Eastman type value - VTS Adi on Rosewood for $1700, of course the finish may leave some folks cold.  I can live with that.
Pura Vida and SasquatchLife like this post
It never moves any faster than it's supposed to go - Taj Mahal

2017 Waterloo WL-14X
2019 Martin 000-18
2021 Eastman E20P
2022 Martin 000-16
The Loar LO-215-SN
Yamaha FG-331

(02-05-2023, 07:06 AM)sleigh Wrote: FWIW, I'm very pleased with the K&K Pure Mini pickups, though it helps if you use a pre-amp in louder situations. But you don't have to worry about battery replacement with the Pure Minis. I put a Schatten passive in one guitar b/c of the ease of installation (no super glue needed) but the output, even with a pre-amp, is lower than the K&Ks—too low in my opinion. 

But there are lots of PU options out there.

I think I'm going to try the MojoTone NC-2. While it does require a battery, looks like it lasts a long time and I like something that is reversible beyond drilling out the strap button hole. I put K&Ks in two different Martins and had varying results, and I certainly needed a good preamp to get the most out of it. Plus with the MojoTone I have zero chance of supergluing my fingers together  Big Grin
Eastman AR880CE | AR580CE | E10OM-TC | Comins GCS-1 Bigsby | Fender Ultra Strat | Beard Radio R Standard Hipshot 
Fodera and Nordstrand fretted - Rob Allen and Nordstrand fretless basses

www.nostatic.com 
” sometimes science is more art than science…”   -Rick Sanchez

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  East Indian vs Madagascar Rosewood - Differences Richard Hauser 8 2,894 03-31-2023, 01:34 PM
Last Post: nobodeuno