Why Eastman Why?
EDITED: you're right Alan, my constant grumbling about my likes and dislikes is getting me nowhere but more gray hair. So instead of my usual deleting post I'll just leave it as this gripe! If Eastman made a small body all mahogany with 1 3/4 nut and a bit thicker neck profile I'd be in hog-heaven

as the few here know I'm wanting an all-mahogany Eastman bad but there's one big problem, Eastman doesn't make or intend to make an all-mahogany. Reading around on acoustic forums I've come across a lot of players that want nothing but an all-mahogany acoustic and own nothing but all mahogany guitars, hello Eastman ding ding ding
AlanSam likes this post
watch out for a spot of light on your chest.
Charlieb and sleigh like this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
I think it comes down to economics, it costs money to offer more options, and Eastman probably doesn't have the sales volume that Martin does. They have to supply what the retailers want to order at the end of the day, and if a hog top guitar sits on the wall longer than a spruce top then a lot of dealers would probably rather order 2 spruce guitars than 1 hog and 1 spruce. I think a lot of their product development is done in the US at Pomona, and those people are surely talking to dealers. I suppose there might be supply issues with tonewoods too. In the real world running a business is more complicated than many people think!
sleigh and SasquatchLife like this post
Charlie since you started this quest for a all mahogany Eastman E10 00M, I've seen a couple come up for sale. Also since Eastman has stated that they are not interested in building anymore units of this particular model, so it would seem to me to start looking at other builders to build you an all mahogany (or khaya, African mahogany as Eastman uses) like the E10 00M. Can't remember if you stated if price was an issue. Or is this just a personal vendetta against Eastman just hoping that all the noise made might get them to start building all mahogany guitars again? 

Martin, Guild, Santa Cruz, Collings, Taylor, Alvarez, etc. all build all mahogany guitars at different price levels. I've owned 15 series Martins since 2016 and currently own a 000-15SM 12 fret, 1 3/4" nut width, 2 1/4" string spacing at saddle which perfectly fulfills my need for all mahogany guitar. I'm not trying to steer you towards any brand but there are some great all mahogany guitars being made out there that cover your specs. JMHO.
Charlieb, DukeS, sleigh like this post
2015 E20 OM SB Eastman
2021 000-15 SM Martin
2016 00-18 Martin
2015 E10 00 Eastman
(07-16-2023, 11:14 AM)sagebrush tom Wrote: Charlie since you started this quest for a all mahogany Eastman E10 00M, I've seen a couple come up for sale. Also since Eastman has stated that they are not interested in building anymore units of this particular model, so it would seem to me to start looking at other builders to build you an all mahogany (or khaya, African mahogany as Eastman uses) like the E10 00M. Can't remember if you stated if price was an issue. Or is this just a personal vendetta against Eastman just hoping that all the noise made might get them to start building all mahogany guitars again? 

Martin, Guild, Santa Cruz, Collings, Taylor, Alvarez, etc. all build all mahogany guitars at different price levels. I've owned 15 series Martins since 2016 and currently own a 000-15SM 12 fret, 1 3/4" nut width, 2 1/4" string spacing at saddle which perfectly fulfills my need for all mahogany guitar. I'm not trying to steer you towards any brand but there are some great all mahogany guitars being made out there that cover your specs. JMHO.

Tks Tom, I started playing nothing but acoustic around 2017-18. I'll be 72 next month. I've played nothing but teles and 335 since the 70's. I much appreciate Eastmans build quality qc and price point at this late era of my life. I'm strickly a home player and wanting to stay in the 1K - 1200 range. I've had a few bad experiences with Martins and it's kinda put a bad taste in my mouth. I'm sure there are some great Martins, I just don't wanna roll the dice and I live in the sticks and nowhere near an acoustic shop with a selection.
sagebrush tom likes this post
Charlie are you thinking of fitting your E10P with a mahogany top? Awhile back I remember watching a youtube video on an all mahogany E10P.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NzpnrN0cxI

I own a E10 00 that has a very full neck and I don't remember what kind of neck shape that the E10 00M came with. I know it's narrower than the E10 00, 1 3/4" nut width, 2 7/32" saddle string spacing but I don't if the narrower string spacing means thinner neck.

Charlie I'm also 72 years old, been playing around 12-13 years. I do like my Martins as I've owned 5 or 6 over the years and my two current Martins get most of my playing time and I've never had a problem with any of them. Even on my 2016 00-18 the bindings haven't shrunk or separated from the body. Great tone from the sitka/ mahogany combo. The E10 00 tone is equal to the 18 series but the 18 just somehow sounds better. With my current meager collection I'm probably finished buying another guitar(s).
Charlieb and AlanSam like this post
2015 E20 OM SB Eastman
2021 000-15 SM Martin
2016 00-18 Martin
2015 E10 00 Eastman
Same age well dang. Like I've said I been playing nothing but acoustic here at home for the last 5or6 years so I'm no expert in nothing much at all lol. I know what feel and tone I'd like but have no idea how to get it and don't care to spend a small fortune as many do to have it. Things were a lot simpler when I was playing electric, a good tele and several old fender amps.

First high school band in 1966, farmed with my dad from childhood til I was 22 and then hit the road playing juke joints and honky tonks pretty much full time til I was around 50 then worked at a bank lol for 20 years and finally had enough.

So I don't even want to see a club, just practice at home constantly with occasional gripes about what I might want and don't have and probably don't need.
sagebrush tom and AlanSam like this post
If you really want one, there are a few out there. Here's a new old stock!  Better get it now! I would not discount the Guild M20 or the Martin 15 SM. 

https://reverb.com/item/2147031-new-east...-00-w-case
sagebrush tom and AlanSam like this post
tks I've seen that listing from la guitars on reverb, believe that ended much longer than site shows. Funny but site says NEW :Listed oner a month ago. Yeah 6or7 years is definitely over a month ago
Yes sorry I see that now...my old morning eyes !
Charlieb likes this post