Why Eastman Why?
As I've said before many times lol. I really like my parlor neck depth, if my E 10 OM had a neck depth similar to my parlor, doesn't have to be exact but close, it would make a day and night difference for me.The OM's playability is very good so the main two changes I'd like is a little less brightness and thicker neck depth and then maybe I'd be one saying "Just Wow this guitar is incredible" instead of "it's playability is good"...but as it is and my wants I don't see any Eastman builds specs now that would make me consider wanting another. I know stop being persnickety....so don't ask me how I'm doing, I might just tell you lol!!!!!
(07-17-2023, 05:52 AM)nobodeuno Wrote: Yes sorry I see that now...my old morning eyes !

You're essentially right though, there was one on reverb for 1100 two weeks ago in very good condition and no electronics.  I keep a search out for these just in case mine ever dies and they pop up about every 6-12 months.

The neck is not a chunky as an E10oo or E10p, but feels like a standard ac/e series.
I don't even know 100%, maybe 50% that a 00-M would suit my likes/wants in an acoustic., it looked closer than their other build specs although it no longer exist. I know the 1 3/4 nut is my preference, I'm thinking an all-mahogany would give me a less bright tone I'm wanting. Neck profile would be a determining factor for me even if all-mahogany tone held true to my thoughts...C shape is much preferred, 1 3/4 nut(check) thin electric style neck depth NO. In the end I'm probably better off getting my Parlor's playability tweaked and the bothersome ghost tones lessened or totally gone would be best.

What I do like about the Eastmans I've had is the playability is good right out of the box (except my first E2 OM tone that did nothing for me) and not a single flaw I've seen in build quality.
Charlie everyday you hold out for that elusive 00-M is depriving yourself of the joys of owning a small body all mahogany. A side note: As far as Eastman build quality goes, as far as I'm concerned they are too heavy and somewhat overbuilt. My E20OM-SB is almost 5 pounds and it's overall weight is just unacceptable to me as my two Martins are under 4 pounds as my 00-18 comes in at 3lbs 8oz. If my Eastman OM didn't sound as good as it does it would gone. The E10 00 is small enough that weight isn't an issue but it could lose some weight. I know that mahogany is a lighter wood than rosewood and lends itself to why 3 of my 4 guitars are mahogany b & s besides tone. JMO
Charlieb likes this post
2015 E20 OM SB Eastman
2021 000-15 SM Martin
2016 00-18 Martin
2015 E10 00 Eastman
Wink 
(07-17-2023, 10:46 AM)sagebrush tom Wrote: Charlie everyday you hold out for that elusive 00-M is depriving yourself of the joys of owning a small body all mahogany. A side note: As far as Eastman build quality goes, as far as I'm concerned they are too heavy and somewhat overbuilt. My E20OM-SB is almost 5 pounds and it's overall weight is just unacceptable to me as my two Martins are under 4 pounds as my 00-18 comes in at 3lbs 8oz. If my Eastman OM didn't sound as good as it does it would gone. The E10 00 is small enough that weight isn't an issue but it could lose some weight. I know that mahogany is a lighter wood than rosewood and lends itself to why 3 of my 4 guitars are mahogany b & s besides tone. JMO

I've been deprived of a lot of things in my life so I'm use to that Blush . I've come across folks on acoustic forums who articulate every single spec in acoustic builds and tones. Seen some speak of their dislikes in Eastman weight. Honestly I have no idea how weight affects an acoustic tone. I play sitting on my couch or patio with guitar across my knee and never standing so I've never even noticed or had any weight issues and have no idea if or how weight affects tone...but then again as the saying goes "you can't miss what you've never had"

tks for mahogany comment I'll keep that in mind
hi charlie,

tossing this out there:

alvarez masterworks series?

MFA66SHB  (folk/om)
MPA66SHB (parlor)

I haven't try either, but did come across an "artist series" mahog parlor (solid top, lam B&S) that felt and sounded very good for what it was. (masterworks= next level up...)

hi charlie,

tossing this out there:

alvarez masterworks series?

MFA66SHB  (folk/om)
MPA66SHB (parlor)

I haven't try either, but did come across an "artist series" mahog parlor (solid top, lam B&S) that felt and sounded very good for what it was. (masterworks= next level up...)
AlanSam likes this post
eastman ar403ce
eastman ac222ce-ov
taylor 322 12 fret
recording  king, series 11-000
recording king ro-328
godin exit 22
An old Harmony H165 is what I'd be on the lookout for...

Unlike almost all the other alternatives mentioned, this one does have a chunky neck (seems like the only way to get a new guitar with a nice baseball bat neck is to order something custom built - almost everything currently made has really wimpy thin necks - looking at you, Martin, with your horrible MLO profile on almost everything non-custom shop! Eastman at least has some "mid-size plus" necks in their range).

With the Harmony you also get great Honduran mahagony, but you'll have to budget for a neck reset and fretwork, or find one where that had already been done.

I don't have a H165, but a H167, and along with the "Boatneck profile" Warmoth necks on my partscaster Teles, it has the most comfortable neck of all the 30+ guitars I own; 1-3/4" nut width, and a neck profile somewhere between a very soft V or a C with less shoulder, and about .95" thick at the first fret - pure heaven!
Charlieb likes this post
Eastman E1D, Iris OG, Guild GAD30, The Loar LH300, Harmony H167
Seems like brand builders today's feel like their target players want electric style neck profiles on an acoustic. So when I see the words "most popular, most common, standard profile" I know I'm in the wrong place for I'm not in this group of players