Which colour do you prefer?
Hi there, 
I'm a new member here, thank you for the membership.
I've been saving up for a T486 and, finally, I'm ready to pull the trigger. Even though I've never had the chance to actually play an Eastman, there's no doubt in my mind. As I can tell from this forum, I will probably not be the first to buy an Eastman on faith and the extremely good reviews alone.

But since I haven't played an Eastman, I haven't seen one either and I'm totally conflicted about which colour to choose. I would love some input from actual Eastman owners. I'm leaning towards a red T486 with the classic as a very close second. The red one has all the iconic ES335 bluesy vibe, but when you look at online photos, the red colour varies from a screaming red to an almost burgundy/brownish colour. I guess it's a hard colour to reproduce photographically. The classic just seems very nice and perhaps even unique to Eastman guitars, but maybe somewhat more conservative (which isn't necessarily a drawback). 

It's a highly subjective matter of course and I know I'll be happy with whichever colour I choose, but nevertheless I'd love to hear your take on the available colours. What are your thoughts, experiences, any regrets...? 

Thanks
Welcome to the EGF, Flat V!  Color is definitely a personal choice, but the red is an iconic color choice for this guitar style.  Others who own / seen a Tx86 in person can chime in more about the "redness" factor.
The red in Eastmans is very similar to an ES 335, and it’s the classic 335 look. From those two choices, though, I’d go with the Eastman classic finish, because it’s beautiful and distinctive. With that said, my band mate, and a member here, just bought a 486 in black, and I think it’s better than all the above.
Welcome to the forum Flat V, you've heard good things about Eastman for good reasons.

Oh boy, opinion.   Myself, I normally choose based on what I think that I can live with over the long haul, the sound/playability is most important.  My tendency is to pick neutral colors and add accent colors around that, but wait... that makes you sort of dull.   Wood can take guitar paint (stain) in a variety of ways, like a box of chocolates.  My only rule is 'no Hannah Montana Pink'.

Way back when, I had a Gibson Songwriters rosewood/sitka dread, good example of a D28 style guitar.   One day I woke up and could not tolerate looking at that damned moustache bridge one day longer!!  bu bye Gibson 

bert
Hannah Montana pink
Hey Flat V and welcome to the forum. I think you have the most important base covered: Selecting the right brand guitar. My Eastman has been my favorite bar none. To the degree that I sold all but one of the rest. Picking a color? Study long and study wrong my friend.  Go with your instinct and whatever your immediate gut reaction says is right, is right. Let us know when you get it and welcome!
Anderson
I wish Eastman offered blonde on all the models with Spruce tops.
Welcome home :-)

To me the color is less important than the sound and playability. Luckily the 486's are VERY consistent in those respects, much like some other gits notably Ibanez, and D'Angelico. Once you know them, you can buy one online and know exactly what you're getting, barring some sort of damage.

That said, go red!!!

Actually the other colors are cool also, the black, sunburst, blue, and rarely seen in the wild natural and "root beer" are all very sharp lookers.
(09-28-2018, 04:00 AM)Flat V Wrote: Hi there, 
I'm a new member here, thank you for the membership.
I've been saving up for a T486 and, finally, I'm ready to pull the trigger. Even though I've never had the chance to actually play an Eastman, there's no doubt in my mind. As I can tell from this forum, I will probably not be the first to buy an Eastman on faith and the extremely good reviews alone.

But since I haven't played an Eastman, I haven't seen one either and I'm totally conflicted about which colour to choose. I would love some input from actual Eastman owners. I'm leaning towards a red T486 with the classic as a very close second. The red one has all the iconic ES335 bluesy vibe, but when you look at online photos, the red colour varies from a screaming red to an almost burgundy/brownish colour. I guess it's a hard colour to reproduce photographically. The classic just seems very nice and perhaps even unique to Eastman guitars, but maybe somewhat more conservative (which isn't necessarily a drawback). 

It's a highly subjective matter of course and I know I'll be happy with whichever colour I choose, but nevertheless I'd love to hear your take on the available colours. What are your thoughts, experiences, any regrets...? 

Thanks

I'd go with the black or classic.

However, to quote Pink Floyd; Any Colour You Like.
Changed me mind - gone off Hannah Montana pink! My (cheapo) es-335 copy is red and once seen no other colour would seem right. Morgan sports cars have to be British racing green, and es-335 copies have to be RED!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SB-59 v GB colour BarnsleyBoy 6 2,871 11-20-2020, 02:11 AM
Last Post: wswalcott