Which colour do you prefer?
Love my classic T386 with Antiquities

[Image: 2u8a3yo.jpg]
Meathead and Pura Vida like this post
Thank you all for the input! It's good to be among the like-minded. It's beyond me, but my wife and friends just don't seem to share my interest in great guitars. And what a beautiful guitar, Nopicknik.

Well, tonight I bought a red T486 online and, of course, I can't wait to actually play it and experience the well renowned build quality, craftsmanship and, hopefully, playability. It'll be 1-2 weeks from now. Again, thanks for the input!
Pura Vida likes this post
(10-08-2018, 09:57 AM)Flat V Wrote: Thank you all for the input! It's good to be among the like-minded. It's beyond me, but my wife and friends just don't seem to share my interest in great guitars. And what a beautiful guitar, Nopicknik.

Well, tonight I bought a red T486 online and, of course, I can't wait to actually play it and experience the well renowned build quality, craftsmanship and, hopefully, playability. It'll be 1-2 weeks from now. Again, thanks for the input!

Good shout! Picture a.s.a.p. please.
(09-28-2018, 08:52 AM)Bert Wrote: Welcome to the forum Flat V, you've heard good things about Eastman for good reasons.

Oh boy, opinion.   Myself, I normally choose based on what I think that I can live with over the long haul, the sound/playability is most important.  My tendency is to pick neutral colors and add accent colors around that, but wait... that makes you sort of dull.   Wood can take guitar paint (stain) in a variety of ways, like a box of chocolates.  My only rule is 'no Hannah Montana Pink'.

Way back when, I had a Gibson Songwriters rosewood/sitka dread, good example of a D28 style guitar.   One day I woke up and could not tolerate looking at that damned moustache bridge one day longer!!  bu bye Gibson 

bert

What you say about the long haul is interesting. I am generally not a fan of sunburst, but.. some of them look really good *so* I do own one, the E10-SS prototype. Some sunbursts have weird green hues to them, though, or they look like someone ironed a cheap sticker onto the wood. Now that... I couldn't live with, period.

(10-02-2018, 04:07 PM)nopicknick Wrote: Love my classic T386 with Antiquities

[Image: 2u8a3yo.jpg]

Holy crap that looks good!
Oh, the irony, just heard form my local dealer that the red T486 is out of stock until early 2019, but the T486 in classic finish is available now. I'm just happy that I can live with both and I'll probably order the classic.

And for general information: Apparently the T386 now comes with an ebony fretboard as well.
Meathead likes this post
I *really* love the classic finish! Nopicknick - outstanding guitar.
Finally, this arrived today... and I can genuinely say that I love it already
Lukew, Pura Vida, ultra like this post

Attached Files

Congrats! Nice photos. Tell us more, once you’ve had some time to play it.
Flat V likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(10-30-2018, 03:24 PM)Flat V Wrote: Finally, this arrived today... and I can genuinely say that I love it already
I favoured a red T386 - but looking at the images of T386s in 'Eastman red' and comparing them with yours - you've definitely fallen on your feet! Boootiful colour and wood, and bet it plays great too. Congratulations!

(10-30-2018, 03:24 PM)Flat V Wrote: Finally, this arrived today... and I can genuinely say that I love it already
I favoured a red T386 - but looking at the images of T386s in 'Eastman red' and comparing them with yours - I think you've fallen on your feet! Boootiful colour and wood, and bet it plays great too. Congratulations!
Flat V likes this post

Glad you like it....beautiful guitar
Flat V likes this post
E10ss/v 02/23/23
SB55DC/v 03/15/23

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SB-59 v GB colour BarnsleyBoy 6 2,871 11-20-2020, 02:11 AM
Last Post: wswalcott