Which AC model for Jazz acoustic?
Question 
Hi There!  Smile

I am new to the forum! 

I play Jazz Guitar on a semi-hollow guitar so have no experience in what wood would be best for Jazz acoustic?
Looking at the AC522CE and up models as I like the arm bevel and soundport.

I was at a jazz session the other week and fellow jazzers brought along their Taylor acoustics and one Martin D18 and I loved the sound of them! Someone so pure all hearing an acoustic playing a jazz standard with no amps!
A friend of mine has 3 Eastmans! The gypsy jazz model, the John Pisano model and a Romeo and recommend that I have a look at the Eastman acoustics.

My first acoustic guitar (sold many moons ago) that I had many years ago before Jazz was a sitka spruce and mahogany back and side so my first thoughts were the AC522CE, however I wanted to hear if anyone had an experience with the other AC models with Maple and or the Rosewood back and sides. I have done a lot of research and watched countless videos and still can't decide. I would buy online and don't have the opportunity to try in store.

I am looking for a guitar that is articulate, warm and some volume to play melodies and complex jazz chords.

Any advice?
@ Jazzup13, as an New AC522ce owner myself (3 months), I am searching for different sounds.
To quote you, " I am looking for a guitar that is articulate, warm and some volume ..." would be, at least to my ears, the very definition of this guitar. Where I locate my strums, makes a difference to the sound. I love the versatility of this guitar to play various genres and sound good. During my GAS phase, I deliberated between the 522 and 622. The choice between mahogany or maple seemed to waver with a sound which was softer or brighter. I decide on the AC522ce and have been very pleased.

Also, I am learning fingerstyle, using fingertips and have found the volume to be much reduced. My solution was to purchase a Boss AC-22LX amp and all is well.
AlanSam likes this post
Thanks Oldjock for the response. I am a bit worried about volume.. I won't be strumming with Jazz chords.. However I think Mahogany will cut through better than Rosewood.. 
What strings have you put on your AC522CE?

I have ordered an AC522CE with a shop that allows for a 14 day easy return period! Arriving today and I will be able to give it a proper play tomorrow and see what I think.

I was looking at getting an acoustic amp as well to help with volume.
Just a few weeks ago I changed strings from D'Add EJ 12 - 53  to D'Add XS 11 - 52. So far so good. They broke in quickly, a bit easier on the fingertips but I really like that they make less squeak when sliding. They claim that the light coating increases longevity, will have to wait and see.

I should also add that the XS strings sound warm and balanced to my ear. The amp is still required when using flesh on fingerstyle.
I have a 522 with Martin Monel Retros 12-54, absolutely love the sound. And yes, there has been a significant improvement in the sound during the first 11 months. 

The guitar is astounding. Many people say Eastmans are the best "for the money." Baloney. I say they're the best regardless of price.
Oldjock likes this post
2021 Eastman E10SS (Mahogany/Adirondack spruce)
2023 Eastman AC522CE-GB (Mahogany/European Spruce) 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DM1 Gypsy jazz guitar droptune56 5 2,038 12-29-2018, 11:36 PM
Last Post: droptune56
  Eastman Gypsy Jazz Bert 0 689 07-25-2018, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Bert