DM1 Gypsy jazz guitar
I thought I was done with adding more guitars to the family, but after selling a gitane Gypsy guitar a couple of years back, I realized it was my lack of experience as a guitarist that really made me sell her. Now, after acquiring chops and ensemble worthy sight reading skills, I realized how much I needed a selmer style guitar. Finally, Eastman has released a much waited for guitar. My Eastman family of a D20, AR904 oval, and 822 fanned fret will now consist of the violin finished DM1. Good thing I turned a detached garage into a studio.....with a bed in it. I have a wonderful wife, but I am certainly pushing limits.
Meathead, Pura Vida, ultra like this post
droptune56, you're moving to levels of great esteem here on EGF. Wink

you go brother, bert
Pura Vida likes this post
Very cool DT56!  The violin finish I predict will look amazing.  I've never considered a Gypsy jazz before until Eastman created one... Would love to see the photos once your guitar arrives - and it's a good thing you have an understanding wife!   Big Grin

Cheers,
Tim
(12-27-2018, 04:42 PM)Bert Wrote: droptune56, you're moving to levels of great esteem here on EGF. Wink

you go brother, bert

Thanks Bert. Retired life is so fantastic. Going from teaching an inner city high school for 15 years to waking up and deciding which guitar to play first is absolute heaven.

(12-27-2018, 04:54 PM)Meathead Wrote: Very cool DT56!  The violin finish I predict will look amazing.  I've never considered a Gypsy jazz before until Eastman created one... Would love to see the photos once your guitar arrives - and it's a good thing you have an understanding wife!   Big Grin

Cheers,
Tim

I will post pictures and hopefully a few sound clips.....and yes, a more than understanding wife.
Bert likes this post
Congrats, DT56!  Looking forward to reading more once it arrives, as well as seeing your studio.  Happy New Guitar Day... and Happy New Year too.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(12-28-2018, 06:40 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: Congrats, DT56!  Looking forward to reading more once it arrives, as well as seeing your studio.  Happy New Guitar Day... and Happy New Year too.

Happy new year to all......and yes, I will post pics of the new guitar when she arrives.
Pura Vida likes this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Which AC model for Jazz acoustic? JazzUp13 4 377 04-01-2024, 03:37 PM
Last Post: hardycreek1
  Eastman Gypsy Jazz Bert 0 697 07-25-2018, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Bert
  From NAMM - Eastman Gypsy guitars.. Meathead 1 2,288 01-13-2018, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Bert