Waiting for guitar
Can anyone tell me how long I should wait for an Eastman guitar I ordered from a music store?
On April 9th 2019 I ordered a left hand T184MX in the natural wood color. The owner of the music store told me it would take up to a minimum of 12 months and maybe 18 before I would receive it and I would have to pay the full price upfront.

First there was a wood shortage then COVID. Six months ago we the ask the owner about it was in production. Last week we asked and the owner of the store is not sure but he speculates it might be a shipping container problem.

Any advice I on how to check on the progress ourselves? The store owner has said he would give a refund but if the guitar were to arrive, we would get first choice. The price of the guitar would be at 2021 prices not 2019 price we paid.
Don't have any suggestions but feel for you.  It's one thing to wait and another to get no clarification or estimates of arrival dates.
D18 

"We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion-year-old carbon and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden"

Joni Mitchell
Welcome to EGF!  

There's no way to know.  An Eastman sales rep recently commented elsewhere that some electric models were over a year back-ordered, and that they are shipping all orders FIFO (first in, first out).  I really don't know what to say, except that there are few T184MX made (and fewer lefties), so if you are set on this model, it's probably best to continue to hold tight.  Good luck!
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
There aren't any containers to be had, really. The large companies (Amazon, Walmart, etc.) have bought the ones that are available (actually reserved them way in advance, and the squeeze means they get the ones that are going).

There are multiple reasons for this. A few of these are:

1. Increased demand for consumer goods from Asia with CV19
2. Fewer workers at the factories, shipping, docks, ports, etc. due to illness
3. Long wait times (around 2 weeks at LA) in the oceans to unload ships, which means they don't bother to reload the ships with empty containers to send back to place of origin, so real shortages of sea containers all over Asia, India, etc.

I've been trying to get a 622 for over a year. Should be here next month.
Pura Vida likes this post
2021 Eastman AC622CE
2020 Eastman E40OM
2020 Eastman AC308CE (Limited Edition)
2020 Martin HD-28
2021 Eastman PCH3-GACE
2004 Gibson Les Paul Studio, wine red
1999 Taylor 714 custom, Cedar/Brazilian Rosewood
L-man - it will be all the sweeter when you finally receive it. I'm looking forward to the pics!
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Waiting well over 2 years for a guitar seems unbelievable to me!

I ordered an Eastman PCH1-D from Alto Music on 09/28/2021.  Alto told me Eastman acknowledged the order with a projected delivery date of 3 to 4 months.  And I thought that was long!  Which makes me wonder whether I will actually receive it in 4 months, or even in the 1st quarter of 2022.

We are living in very strange times.

CJ
FYI, the OP has not returned to EGF since making this thread.  But these are strange days, indeed.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(12-14-2021, 08:42 AM)cjhorne Wrote: Waiting well over 2 years for a guitar seems unbelievable to me!

I ordered an Eastman PCH1-D from Alto Music on 09/28/2021.  Alto told me Eastman acknowledged the order with a projected delivery date of 3 to 4 months.  And I thought that was long!  Which makes me wonder whether I will actually receive it in 4 months, or even in the 1st quarter of 2022.

We are living in very strange times.

CJ

Well, four months came and went.  Now they are telling me May 30th, which would be 8 months.  I don't think they have a clue, really.

CJ
The retailer is now saying Eastman says it will be on the west coast at the end of June.  Also said Eastman is no longer willing to drop ship.  So best case would be me receiving end of July.  That would be 9 months after I ordered it.  I don't have an urgent need and the price is right so I am willing to wait.

CJ
I ordered and sb57 in February of 2021. Was told 4 to 6 months and as it went longer I was told about shipping containers. I finally got the guitar in April 2022 so that was 14 months. When I ordered it all indications from Eastman's website and the Dealer that the guitar would be finished in nitrocellulose. The guitar however is finished in truetone. My advice would be to get your money back and be first on the list to try it out when it comes in.