Waiting for guitar
(03-01-2022, 11:48 AM)cjhorne Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 08:42 AM)cjhorne Wrote: Waiting well over 2 years for a guitar seems unbelievable to me!

I ordered an Eastman PCH1-D from Alto Music on 09/28/2021.  Alto told me Eastman acknowledged the order with a projected delivery date of 3 to 4 months.  And I thought that was long!  Which makes me wonder whether I will actually receive it in 4 months, or even in the 1st quarter of 2022.

We are living in very strange times.

CJ

Well, four months came and went.  Now they are telling me May 30th, which would be 8 months.  I don't think they have a clue, really.

CJ 

Update:  I am told my PCH1-D is now at Eastman/Pomoma, in queue to be set up.  Dealer says Eastman won't drop ship directly to the customer (like they used to), so there will be a cross country trip to the dealer in NY, and back to be in PA.  I am feeling like I may actually receive the guitar next month.  If this happens, it would be just under a year from order to receipt.

CJ
Pura Vida likes this post
Since a new order was placed for your guitar, that gives a good indication of the supply-demand imbalance that Eastman is still facing.  By comparison, when I ordered my AC630-BD in July 2019, it delivered in October, so three months is probably their pre-2020s lead-time vs. 11-12 months now.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(08-12-2022, 05:31 AM)cjhorne Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 11:48 AM)cjhorne Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 08:42 AM)cjhorne Wrote: Waiting well over 2 years for a guitar seems unbelievable to me!

I ordered an Eastman PCH1-D from Alto Music on 09/28/2021.  Alto told me Eastman acknowledged the order with a projected delivery date of 3 to 4 months.  And I thought that was long!  Which makes me wonder whether I will actually receive it in 4 months, or even in the 1st quarter of 2022.

We are living in very strange times.

CJ

Well, four months came and went.  Now they are telling me May 30th, which would be 8 months.  I don't think they have a clue, really.

CJ  

Update:  I am told my PCH1-D is now at Eastman/Pomoma, in queue to be set up.  Dealer says Eastman won't drop ship directly to the customer (like they used to), so there will be a cross country trip to the dealer in NY, and back to be in PA.  I am feeling like I may actually receive the guitar next month.  If this happens, it would be just under a year from order to receipt.

CJ 
Update: I just received a notice from FEDEX saying this PCH1-D will be delivered on 8/25/2022.  I ordered it on 9/28/2021.  The lead time was almost exactly 11 months. Really looking forward to it.  I have an AC222CE-OV and AC422CE.  This PCH1-D is just for campfires, traveling (by car) and playing outside.  I was willing to wait because I got a smoking hot deal on it.

CJ
Pura Vida likes this post