WTB Eastman full size slope shoulder
First, congrats on the upcoming guitar.  That's a great price, and I hope it comes in soon.  And if they're wiling to do that price for this model and the E20D, and buyers don't mind waiting, I don't think anyone will touch those prices.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(10-13-2020, 08:16 AM)Pura Vida Wrote: First, congrats on the upcoming guitar.  That's a great price, and I hope it comes in soon.  And if they're wiling to do that price for this model and the E20D, and buyers don't mind waiting, I don't think anyone will touch those prices.

Is there a reason why we should list price specifics here?  I thought sharing deals (and other information generally) with other forum members is part of reason for the site.  It is certainly why I share links to any deals other members may want to jump on, even if they're not what i'm looking for.

(10-13-2020, 08:28 AM)Shishigashira Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 08:16 AM)Pura Vida Wrote: First, congrats on the upcoming guitar.  That's a great price, and I hope it comes in soon.  And if they're wiling to do that price for this model and the E20D, and buyers don't mind waiting, I don't think anyone will touch those prices.

Is there a reason why we should list price specifics here?  I thought sharing deals (and other information generally) with other forum members is part of reason for the site.  It is certainly why I share links to any deals other members may want to jump on, even if they're not what i'm looking for.  

Sharing deals on used guitars is more straight-forward.  For new guitars, the unwritten rule is not to share dealer discounts below MAP (buyers should call the dealer directly), which protects dealers and customers negotiations.  The exception is when a dealer like Alto Music publicly offers up a sale that goes beyond the norm.

I don't think they're unmotivated.  They probably don't have the wiggle room on Eastman that they do with other brands, especially at the lower price points like the LTD model.
(10-13-2020, 08:30 AM)Pura Vida Wrote: Sharing deals on used guitars is more straight-forward.  For new guitars, the unwritten rule is not to share dealer discounts below MAP (buyers should call the dealer directly), which protects dealers and customers negotiations.  The exception is when a dealer like Alto Music publicly offers up a sale that goes beyond the norm.

I don't think they're unmotivated.  They probably don't have the wiggle room on Eastman that they do with other brands, especially at the lower price points like the LTD model.

I said it was understandable.  When sales are down and you want to move stock you are motivated to make a deal, when sales are up you're not.  It is an accurate description of the current situation.  Sales are up across the industry and stock is low.  Great deals are hard to come by because folks are ... unmotivated to offer anything better than that.  I would be as well if I was selling guitars.  Why offer anyone a particularly great discount when someone else will buy for a higher price.   My post wasn't a rant or disrespectful to the dealer.  And I was indeed considering it from their perspective. 

I have a budget that I want to stick to, and am having a hard time finding what I want within that budget and am sharing my journey here.
I see this issue as a bit of a storm in a teacup - as much to do with semantics as anything else. I will now continue to mind my own business ha ha!
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
All: I cleaned up this thread, as it was taking on a negative tone, and I reached out to Shishigashira privately to discuss.  I removed some of the dealer-specific commentary, but left in as much of the other comments as possible, so we could continue a civil discussion of the OP's journey to find a new guitar.  Let's move forward and keep things positive.  Shishigashira got a wonderful deal on a new E10SS!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slope Shoulder Dread Case - Excellent condition TomC 0 440 12-08-2023, 07:42 PM
Last Post: TomC