WTB Eastman full size slope shoulder
(10-07-2020, 09:59 PM)Pura Vida Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 06:25 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: An E1SS (natural) just posted on Reverb for $699 w/ free shipping.

It's down to $650 w/ free shipping.  Somebody better buy this before I get it.  I wanted to pick one of these up, when they were announced. 
It dropped again to $639.  Seems like they want to get rid of it.  If someone is looking for this model, you should make an offer!
Pura Vida likes this post
It seems like they have one here the price isn't displayed but you may want to ask
(10-08-2020, 08:18 AM)mouks Wrote: It seems like they have one here the price isn't displayed but you may want to ask

Thanks!  I sent them an email.  Strange that there is no price listed.
It looks like the E1SS-LTD natural sold.  I knew that one wouldn't last.  There is a CLA on Reverb (it's listed as a sunburst), but they're asking $800, which is what the street price was when it was new.
Shishigashira likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
For those interested, Alto Music is having their fall sale and taking 15% off new guitars. They will pre-order a new E10ss for $935 (after the discount) with free shipping and no tax for those outside NY. I think that's the route I'm leaning. Tomorrow I'll give Ted at La Guitars a ring to see if he'll match it as he has one in stock.
AlanSam and DonJmmn like this post
$935 is actually 22% below MAP ($1191), so if you can find someone to sell a new E10SS at that price, inc. tax and shipping, then you might not find too many dealers (if anyone) who are willing to meet that price.  And while price is an important consideration, the dealer and the quality of the guitar play a part in my decision making, so I can buy with confidence.  Good luck and keep us posted!
Shishigashira and sleigh like this post
I have no experience with Alto Music but obviously I cannot say enough good things about the service you are going to get from LA Guitars. It is definitely worth a few points in my opinion and Ted has always been competitive in his pricing. BTW - nice pick of guitars!
Shishigashira, sleigh, Pura Vida like this post
Thanks!  And yes, I thought the price was excellent as well.  They have them listed at $1099 and then give you a 15% off on top of that which is why I wanted to flag for others in case folks were interested.  Downside is that it is a pre-order, which may require a fair bit of patience.  I'll chat with Ted to see what he says, but I also think it may be hard for anyone else to match the price.  But having it sooner is worth a bit extra.  Will keep you posted.

Here's the link: https://www.altomusic.com/eastman-e10ss-...-e10ss-c01
Their site has some interesting price anomalies.  For example, E20OM is listed for $1409, which is MAP, but E20D is listed for $1199, which should have the same MAP.  Same thing for the E10SS that you're looking at, which is already below MAP ($1191 vs. $1099), so if you can get another 15% off of that, that's a really low price.  Maybe they never updated those prices when Eastman increased their prices in 2018-2019.
Shishigashira likes this post
Well, the Eastman SS saga continues for me.  I spoke with Ted from LA Guitars yesterday.  Understandably he was not able/willing to match the Alto Music price on the E10SS he has in stock.  I thought on it some more and emailed to see if we could meet somewhere in the middle but haven't heard back.  I guess with low stock and high demand in guitars, sellers are somewhat unmotivated.  This is the second time I've reached out to him with no luck. 

Anyways, I placed an order with Alto Music for the E10SS.  With their current fall sale, the total is just under $935 which is a great price.  They called Eastman right after we spoke and heard from them that the next shipment arrives in December.  So while, it won't be here in time for my upcoming birthday, maybe it makes it for the holidays (maybe not).  Meanwhile, I'll keep a look out for a good/great deal on an Eastman SS. 

PS Alto Music also has their E20D priced VERY nicely, particularly once the 15% off is factored in (thanks Pura Vida).  In case that's one others are looking for and are willing to wait.

PPS  If someone was interested in an E1SS LTD with the Classic finish, Spruce Street Music in Wisconsin has a new one in stock (thanks Mouks).  But they are not really interested in dropping much below MAP (also unmotivated) and don't offer free shipping.  So the final price was well over $800 which was too much for me for that particular model.  The guitar still offers great value, but if you have to resell that would sting.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slope Shoulder Dread Case - Excellent condition TomC 0 440 12-08-2023, 07:42 PM
Last Post: TomC