WTB Eastman full size slope shoulder
Figured I'd try a 'wanted' post.  I'm looking to buy a used E1SS (particularly the CLA model),  E10SS,  E10ss/v or the E20SS.  Not many of those up coming up for sale and I haven't gotten lucky with the ones I've tracked down.  

If you have one you're thinking of selling,  send me a message.  Thanks!
An E1SS (natural) just posted on Reverb for $699 w/ free shipping.
Shishigashira likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
I am also interested in a used E10SS or E10ss/v.

But I am over the Pond in Europe, Switzerland. Very Little Eastman's around here, especially used. I have seen the local shop has the E10ss/v on stock now. might go and give it a spin. But covid has pickt up again here in Europe and I don't know what the Situation is in the shop. might have to call them.

I am curious to see if I feel comfy with the smaller nut width and how the Slope feels and sounds. I read that they are a bit narrower then a dread, which would suit me just fine. My Faith Saturn has quite some sharp edges (Flamed maple binding) it is does bother me after some playing. yes, an armrest might be a solution. but I really dig the short scale and hope to try an E10ss(v) soon.

cheers 
MItch
„I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things“ Tom Waits
(10-04-2020, 06:25 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: An E1SS (natural) just posted on Reverb for $699 w/ free shipping.

I saw that.  The prices are strange on those.  The MAP price is $799 and if you take 20% off of that you're looking at $640 for a new one?  So I figured a used one should be in the $450 to $550 range.  They are open to offers I guess.  

I also saw a mint E1SS CLA model on reverb that someone was offering for $100 ABOVE what they were originally selling for.  Reverb can be a strange place.
I understand where you are coming from. Thing is it's all about what the market will bear. It could well go at that price if someone likes the look of it. Not every guitar buyer is well informed about market prices, and it looks like a rather special little guitar to me.
Shishigashira likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Definitely!  They're entitled to sell it for whatever someone is willing to buy I guess.  But with new ones still in stock, the offer price seems curious to me since it looks like they might be trying to sell it for more than they bought it.  That is something I've seen often in Reverb, particularly lately I guess.  Still, I'd think a quick phone call to LAGuitars will match that price, if not beat it for an absolutely new one, with a warranty.
DonJmmn and AlanSam like this post
You are dead right! Thing is, a perfectly competitive market implies buyers possess perfect market information - and I suspect a surprisingly large number of them are not sufficiently motivated, or have skill set/patience/shortage of funds to go and check out what's available. Obviously not members of this forum ha ha! But yes, I agree with you.
DonJmmn and Shishigashira like this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
(10-05-2020, 08:12 AM)Shishigashira Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 06:25 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: An E1SS (natural) just posted on Reverb for $699 w/ free shipping.

I saw that.  The prices are strange on those.  The MAP price is $799 and if you take 20% off of that you're looking at $640 for a new one?  So I figured a used one should be in the $450 to $550 range.  They are open to offers I guess.  

I also saw a mint E1SS CLA model on reverb that someone was offering for $100 ABOVE what they were originally selling for.  Reverb can be a strange place.  

I would never assume 20% off of MAP, especially on a $799 guitar.  Despite some of the comments on the other pricing thread, the only thing that's certain is that margins are likely tighter on lower price guitars.  Anything below MAP is nice, but not necessarily expected, depending on the model, price point, etc.

I agree that the resale market is charging a premium b/c inventory is low.  Twice, I've tried to buy a used Eastman guitar, only to be pushed right back into buying new b/c the marginal price differences weren't worth buying used, especially when you figure in taxes and shipping.

As mentioned, there was discussion about buying new, in which some dealers may choose to offer prices below MAP.  But resale is a different animal, especially right now.  In pre-COVID times, I'd expect a used Eastman guitar in excellent condition to sell for 50-70% of MSRP, depending on model, but Eastman seems to be doing better than that lately (closer to 65-80%), which makes a used guitar much closer to the street price of a new guitar.  If you can find a good deal, grab it quickly before someone else does.

If MAP is $799 on a new one, then $699 used w/ free shipping seems about right -- with maybe some wiggle room on either price.

It's down to $650 w/ free shipping.  Somebody better buy this before I get it.  I wanted to pick one of these up, when they were announced.
I saw that.  In that model, I was interested in the classic finish and would bite around that price for the CLA.  It would need to be another $75-$100 off before I jump for the plain LTD version.  It just doesn't rev my engine much.

Guitar Center had a mint CLA model for $650 about a month ago that I hesitated on and then it was gone.  I snoozed and lost.  The search continues.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slope Shoulder Dread Case - Excellent condition TomC 0 442 12-08-2023, 07:42 PM
Last Post: TomC