Update on my E1OM
Hi there, just thought I'd share this. I thought a 2022 E1OM about a year ago, and after this winter it developed a vibration or sympathetic resonance on the low E string. It was very noticeable higher on the fretboard (11th fret especially), but also audible as low as the 3rd fret. After trying to solve the problem myself, I took the guitar into the shop I purchased it.

They have an experienced in-house tech, whom I've known for years--great guy. He spent a few days trying to identify the problem with no luck. He confirmed it wasn't the frets, bridge, or truss rod and couldn't find any issue with the bracing. He also tried humidifying the guitar even though I knew the guitar had not dried out (we live on the 'wet coast' of Canada) to no avail.

So, they called their Eastman rep to sort this out, and the result was that I could exchange it for another instrument, if I didn't want to have it sent back to Eastman. Fortunately, they had three E1OMs in stock, all of them 2021 models (not used, but new). Two were natural spruce finishes, and one had the classic dark stain finish.

My 2022 had the darker, "maybe-torrefied" top, as has been reported on this forum for guitars from that year. The two 2021 natural top guitars were decidedly lighter in colour and had arguably not as interesting grain. All that said, I liked the overall projection and tone of one of the 2021 models more than any of the others, including my 2022. So, I took it home. I'll try to post pics later.

What did I learn from this? First, great customer support from my local guitar shop. Second, great warranty support from Eastman. And third, looks can be deceiving. The best sounding guitar might not be the best looking. And fourth (possibly), if my original guitar indeed had a torrefied top, torrefied does not automatically = better sound. 

I was certainly fortunate to have so many instruments to try side by side.
TomC, AlanSam, RMH, guitarlover, sleigh like this post
Laut - glad everything worked out ok. Eastman sometimes irritates me enormously, but in the final analysis they are one of the 'good guys' of guitar manufacturing. Their philosophy filters through to retailers who know they won't be 'burned' by legitimate returns.
sleigh likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tonal differences between the E1OM and E1OM Special Greg1075 4 1,261 03-28-2024, 06:26 AM
Last Post: guitarlover