Under the Hood on the E1OM
(12-14-2018, 12:57 PM)Bert Wrote: My former AC708, another EIR bridge plate and....  white glue on the tongue brace at the sound hole.  That explains the white, the stain on your tongue brace might have happened when the luthier was rubbing in the back/side stain?

[Image: dkiPPOv.jpg]

You have fully convinced me, my friend!
Treenewt,

2018 Larrivee OM-03
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2019 Eastman E2D-CD

The Wading Pool 

northman, you may be right about that not being EIR and I might be out of school.  Eastman told me back when that they used rosewood on some and maple on others, whatever they had on hand.  But, I see what you mean about the medulary rays.  The AC708 had splinters on the bridge plate from when the bridge pin holes were drilled, I scraped away the splinters and sanded the plate to get a smooth surface.. why it looks that way... slotted the bridge pin holes at the same time.

Maybe it's anigre we discussed long ago... ?
bert
Treenewt, thanks for the pics. Makes me want to take a mirror and have a look inside my E1OM.
[Image: pe5nhee.jpg]
heres my '11 E6OM - note how far 'south' the bracing system is, which puts the X brace inside edge almost under the ends of the saddle.
on prewar martins the outer wings of the bridge were just over the X introducing a big difference in the 'acoustic diaphragms' efficiency.
That and the 25.4 s/length made the original 'OM' (and 12 fret 000 which the OM was developed from) the fingerpickers holy grail.
I thought I had more of these photos, but I could only find a few of them.

[Image: kQErVyIh.jpg]

[Image: iIxAdD2h.jpg]

[Image: WPYGHWTh.jpg]
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
these piccies of Eastie brace profiling are interesting.
I did a thread on another forum about how Lowden brace profile had changed over the 'Built under License' period.
through the '90's they became not unlike the pictures above, although still in the original layout.
It changed the character of the instrument  more the response.
I'm led to believe it required less skill and time to produce the angular profiles as opposed to the original parabolic shape.
Any how the original profiles were re-introduced when GL took back control of the company in 2004 or there about.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tonal differences between the E1OM and E1OM Special Greg1075 4 1,271 03-28-2024, 06:26 AM
Last Post: guitarlover