Taking A Break
Brian,
Fantastic!
And thanks for sharing the details.Very inspiring.
Duke
Pura Vida and Meathead like this post
Brian
I have great respect for your tenacity and perseverance to achieve your goals.
Henk
Pura Vida likes this post
Thumbs Up 
Glad you're doing well, Brian!  That is some amazing progress!
Brian, congratulations on your incredible achievement. And glad you’re playing again.
Hey EGF friends.  I just poked my head in here to say that I'm alive and well.  Unfortunately, my hiatus continues for now, but I miss everyone in the community and look forward to returning someday.  I can't go into details, but my marriage ended unexpectedly last year (Monday would have been 28 years), and as the parent of two teens (one in college, another in high school with special needs), my priority is with taking care of them, myself, and our home.  2023 was a year of change, and I'm hoping 2024 will be closing old chapters and creating new ones.

I actually just played my guitars for perhaps the first time in 2024, and it felt really, really good.

I wanted to share a little story with the group.  Around Christmas time, my friend, Chelsea, had her guitar stolen from her vehicle.  It was daytime and she had two dogs in the car, but they still managed to remove the guitar, which was a $4000 Taylor.  Not only was this a gift from her father back in Canada, but it was also her livelihood because she's a gigging musician.  The story made me sad and I read about it as I looked up at my guitar collection.  I immediately knew what I had to do and arranged to have my 2016 E10D shipped down to her in Costa Rica.  She received it about two months ago and has been gigging with it ever since.  

My heart is full knowing I could do something to make a difference, as well as knowing that my old guitar has found new life and love with my friend.  Ironically, this is the second E10D I've gifted (another went to my best friend on the east coast a couple years ago).  Some of you will remember that this 2016 E10D was the guitar I bought on eBay, and they shipped it without a box (UPS label slapped right onto the case!).

I'm not sure if this link will work, but here's the happy ending to her story (with photo):
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1021...1765282506

If you have a chance to do something nice for someone else, don't hesitate.  Your act of kindness will pay itself back many times over.

I have some other news coming in a month or two, but will have to leave you hanging on that one, LOL.
AlanSam, TomC, sleigh, Meathead, DukeS like this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Good to hear from you Brian. Great to hear about your gifting the E10 to someone in need - you always exhibited a generosity of spirit. So sorry to hear about your lost relationship – life can be brutal. When the healing process is over and your new self emerges It would be good if we could get to know that person. Hang in there my friend. Oh, and get back in that guitar room lol!
TomC, Pura Vida, DukeS, sleigh like this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Amazing respect for you and your strength…. Man that health change!  And sorry about your marriage.

bless all of you. I (and I venture all of us) know what it’s like to have curve balls thrown at the family jewels.
AlanSam, TomC, DukeS, sleigh, Pura Vida like this post
Brian -- Good to hear from you. I was just thinking yesterday that I should contact you and see how you're doing. Now I know.  

My own E10D is still my favorite guitar. I'm sure Chelsea will find it to be the same: great guitar, great companion. And your kindness shows just how special a person you are. I look forward to your eventual return here in the EGF!
DukeS, Pura Vida, TomC, AlanSam like this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Brian
Great to hear from you and that is a special gift you gave to that young lady - not just the guitar but your friendship. Sorry to hear about your all your difficulties and hope things get settled for you soon. Thanks for dropping a note and look forward to your return full time.
TomC
Pura Vida, AlanSam, DukeS, sleigh like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
Hi Brian,
Gosh I don't have anything to add, just wanted let you know I feel for you and Keep the Faith.
I think the forum is doing just fine, but your wisdom is missed.
Duke
sleigh, Pura Vida, AlanSam like this post