T386 Pickup Adjustments and Recommendations
I feel terrible - it's been about 4 years since I responded to this thread! 
Sincere apologies to all the guys that chipped in with fantastic advice and help - I meant to update the thread - but for some reason, never got back to it.

I did indeed install the Seth Lovers - I did have to route the cavity out for longer legs - but that was relatively straight forward with a Dremel.
The bit I had most trouble with - (and thinking about it, the reason I didn't get back on the thread here could have been the trauma involved - I may have been trying to -block it from my mind) - was re-installing the wiring. That was an absolute nightmare - like building a ship in a bottle. I first tried to fish everything through using labelled thread around the pot shafts - but it turned into a birds nest inside the guitar. The F holes are a bit on the narrow side - so had to fish everything through from the neck PUP cavity as I remember. 

What I ended up doing is building a harness out of cable ties - so that it was semi-rigid and everything sprung into the right shape once threaded through the cavity. Also used internal wire with a braided (ground shield) exterior - this made it easier to wire and contributed to the rigidity of the shape. Eventually I got it all installed - now know what to do - so it was a real learning experience. 

In fact - here's a laugh. We have a guitar channel called That Pedal Show here in the UK. The guys Dan and Mick are great. I was laughing my head off at this episode where Mick does a PUP swap on his 335. This is very close to the experience I had - it brought it all back again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Out2LP6Tafc

I will look and see if I have any pics of this process to share on the t386. But - if anybody is going for it and needs some pointers or has questions - please just give me a shout. 

Oh - and yes the Seths sound fantastic in this guitar - it's a fantastic match. Probably the best sounding instrument I have ever had - semi-hollow wise anyway. Ask about that too if anybody has any questions at all - and apols for the 4 year late reply too.
Lukew likes this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pickup advice - T386 JohnnyH 3 1,617 04-02-2023, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Jozie
  T386 Hard Case Recommendations ForLoop8890 3 1,235 01-30-2022, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Lukew
  T386 pickup ideas bassface732 4 2,198 11-12-2019, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Zeiss