SB59/V-GB Neck Repair
I found a SB59/V-GB over the weekend at a really good price. It had a neck crack repair and I really could not tell where it was cracked. The dealer had sprayed a nitro finish over the repair to match the finish and it had pronounced checking. Wondering if I should take a chance. What should I look for? The neck seemed stable. The checking was very much out of character for the factory relicing which made me a bit uncomfortable. Like it may have been hiding something. It still had a beautiful sound and I am really looking here for some advice. I could probably get over the mismatched relicing but wondering if anyone here has any suggestions or experience purchasing repaired SB59s. I did not ask if they had any pictures of the crack before the repair and I wish I had. I am in the US.
Nunzio4829 - The important thing is that you get a warranty, ideally in writing, to insure your investment. Even if you had a pic of it before repair it might not have told you too much.
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
The question is who repaired it… Is it the tech guy like the ones at Guitar Center or someone that’s decent or even better a real artisan that you can call about this repair. For me if it wasn’t a real skilled artisan I would pass. 

I had some issues w/ Fender amps and they paid for repairs and honestly the guy doing the repairs was extremely skilled and Fender ended up paying more for the repair than the price of the amp. If it was some guy at a store I would not have been comfortable with it.
AlanSam likes this post
Please describe how the neck was broken ? I fixed a few Gibson Les Paul headstocks that were broken completely off and some that were split and separating. They all held up well and we're very playable
You didn't say how much it is ? That matters because you'll never get top dollar for it if you sell later. Back to repair if it's done correctly and the price reflects it's been repaired I wouldn't be afraid of it

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eastman sb59 neck humbucker Dusko 18 3,953 12-18-2021, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Dusko