Eastman sb59 neck humbucker
Hi! I bought this guitar 2one day ago and it arrived like this.. Neck Hum is moving all over the place.. Is this that hand craft i listend to when choose this.??? Please tell me what you think.. Iattached link bellow.. This just a few sec video but it movies by his oen when i ritate guitar or play little vibrato.. Upwards bavkwards left right
Im trying to attach video but i cant.. Seriuodly not a clue why??
Dusko likes this post
There are 4 screws holding the pickup ring to the body, and 2 screws holding the pickup to the pickup ring. It should be easy to determine why it moves.
Not being able see so the problem , taking a guess . Maybe the two springs that put tension on the pickup are not strong enough.
These are the two screws that adjust the height of the pickup. I've had to cut springs like this to fit some applications and cut them a little too much and cause exactly what you're describing.
As tele player said there's not many screw's it could be . I bet you'll look at it in the light of day and figure it out quickly .
Hey handcrafted means humans aren't perfect lol
AlanSam likes this post
Thank you! I will send it back and they wil fix it.. No way i i ll do work on it while its on 30 day gaarantie
I’d fix it myself, easier, cheaper, less risky than shipping.

If this is really a new guitar, I’m surprised this got past QA.
(12-03-2021, 06:57 PM)Dusko Wrote: Hi! I bought this guitar 2one day ago and it arrived like this.. Neck Hum is moving all over the place.. Is this that hand craft i listend to when choose this.??? Please tell me what you think.. Iattached link bellow.. This just a few sec video but it movies by his oen when i ritate guitar or play little vibrato.. Upwards bavkwards left right
Im trying to attach video but i cant.. Seriuodly not a clue why??
https://youtube.com/shorts/X1ksh7V1kDw?feature=share
Here it does this when i rotate guitar...
Dusko , it's what I thought it would be . The springs need to be stronger .
If you want to fix it yourself ? It's pretty easy .
First get a new set of springs . Loosen the strings and pull them to the side 3 & 3 . Now take the four trim ring screws out. You'll be able to left the pickup and trim ring from the guitar . Put a towel over the body and neck . Replace one spring at a time , unscrew the long adjustment height screw , remove the spring and reinstall with a new stronger longer spring, repeat on the other screw . Reinstall the pickup with the trim ring , screw it down , string it up , ñset your pickup height where you like .
Dusko - I can understand you wanting to return your guitar for fixing - I might well do the same. Mind you, the one thing about having a go yourself (and I am sure you would get advice from others on this site re sourcing and fitting the replacement springs) is that you would learn a bit about guitars, which would stand you in good stead for the future. Whatever decision you make will be the right one for you. Good luck!
Zeiss likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Thank for advices! I will fix this.. Just wanted to say that i can understan mistake, we are all humans.. But i play guitar for 22 years.. I have 3 prestige rg, i bought last year esp e2, so i wanted a lp guitar.. Just cant understand that 2k dollar guitar would pass the store or factory with issuse! And this being so cheap to fix, makes even more ironic to me... That i hate... Ever thing can be fixed, but they sell you guitar and tell you this can happen... Well first time for me and i bought more than 10 guitars in life ... I know that pickup hum must move but luthier that signed inspection and setup, I mean come on, this was like this in the beginning. But no they say that its a shipping thing... Btw guitar traveld 2 days on highway not 22 on mountain roads.. All my guitars have picks that can move with you finger but this to much, even for amaters, to say that they didnt notice anything weird... Again tnx for adviced!

Eastman sb59 lefty
AlanSam likes this post

Attached Files

It's a beautiful guitar ! I'm sure once this issue is fixed you'll be playing it for the rest of your life.
I have the same guitar and happened to be left-handed also ?[Image: eaHPcdd.jpg]

Whoops wrong picture that's my collings 360 and sb 59 .

Dusko , I've got to play it now lol
I took it out to send the pic and just have to plug it in ! Thank you it hasn't been out for awhile Smile[Image: DvTEASu.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SB59/V-GB Neck Repair Nunzio4829 3 1,715 08-23-2021, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Zeiss