SB54/V-LTD-BK Pickups
Hi All
I have an SB54/V-Ltd, bought from the original owner and has not really been used.
I always go to town setting up a new guitar and giving it a clean. Last thing on the set up was pick up heights. This had the Staple P90 pretty much spot on but the P90 in the bridge was way too low. I proceed to investigate, basically once I took the strings off and removed the bridge pickup there was no foam in the cavity and no springs, P90s generally have one or the other so you can adjust the the pickup up and down. I sorted this problem out easily by cutting down a spring I had which made me two springs so now the bridge pickup adjust up and down.

Whilst I had the strings off I thought I would take a look at the Staple P90 in the neck, what I found was the same as the bridge, no foam or springs for adjustment ? What I also found was the routing in the neck for the Staple P90 was really badly done and I mean poor to say the least. What I am referring to is the route to accommodate for the length of the Staple P90, the main route is fine. Its is all over the place.

So questions:
Why on this guitar was there no foam or springs in the P90 pickup cavities for adjustment as these are the usual two methods used on P90 pickups. Please comment by anyone who owns this guitar, I am not asking for solutions I am asking has any other owner of this guitar had the same problem.

The lower route to clear the length of the Staple pick up in the neck was very very poorly done. Please comment by anyone who owns this guitar. I am not asking for a solution I am asking has any other owner of this guitar seen the same poor work in the neck cavity.

I would greatly appreciate some comments.

Thanks
Do i assume from the zero return comments to my post that no one owns an Eastman SB54/V Ltd in the group?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eastman SB54/vLTD Billy Lee 11 5,854 07-21-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Adrian_Hunter