Romeo
If Eastman's writers had called it "An arched top semi hollow" I think there's little to discuss. Check Gibson 335 and Ibanez AS descriptions they do NOT call them "Archtop" gits.  Eastman can call an Easter egg a stone, like I said because a LP or 335 HAVE an arched top doesn't make them an "archtop" in general parlance. If they are fully hollow, it's a different story. 

At any rate, the fact is the Romeo like the ER or MX.. are niche models and will likely never "make it" because they lack a couple of things "some" players will reject right up front. 

As far as design, the Fret King Elise was there before Otto by a few years. Oh, and despite the few they sold with generally good reviews they're not flying into UPS trucks.
Regards,

Gary
(07-19-2019, 03:03 PM)gnappi Wrote:  Oh, and despite the few they sold with generally good reviews they're not flying into UPS trucks.

As long as they're not flying out of them. Or off them. That could cause problems.
Shout out to Eastman Archtop players

Romeo is a thoroughly confusing model is what I think.  help help

In the Eastman description it's listed to be a 'thin archtop jazz',  I can't find anything that makes Romeo an 'archtop'.  If it is parallel braced, does that make it an archtop?  It's listed on their website as a Solid Top Thinline.  Is it redundant with other models already in the mix?

https://www.eastmanguitars.com/electric_thinline

- I (we) own two 'parallel braced' fixed pickup models - AR880ce (my son's) and El Rey 4 (my current).

- Plus, two former 'X' braced floating pickup models - AR805ce and AR810ce

The Premier Guitars Romeo demo is being played by a shredder.... what the *&^%$( ?
https://youtu.be/XsFP12BhYTM
gnappi likes this post
Ok so this should be ES type of guitar, semi hollow. I think they mixed up the words carved top and arch top.
Bert likes this post
(07-18-2019, 01:42 PM)gnappi Wrote: Dislikes...

Pot forward of the bridge??? REALLY??? I cannot think of one single successful semi or hollow body git in history with controls forward of the bridge. 

I can't help but resurrect this one just so say, "REALLY???"  Fender Stratocaster Thinline.  To say you can play electric guitar should imply you can play a Fender, a Gibson, a Hollow Body or Solid.  We all have preferences, but to die on this hill means admitting not being able to get around a typical electric guitar.
AlanSam likes this post