Romeo
Eastman released a new thinline guitar at Summer NAMM, called Romeo.

Here's the link:  https://www.eastmanguitars.com/romeo_new

Solid carved spruce top.
Mahogany laminate back and sides.
Dual Lollar Imperial humbuckers.
Available in GB (Gold Burst).
MSRP: $2199

Their solid body line has been getting a lot of praise.  Glad to see a new thinline getting added to the mix.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Awesomeness!
E10ss/v 02/23/23
SB55DC/v 03/15/23
That's a nice-looking electric!
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
They also introduced another LTD acoustic GA (it appears) that looks very interesting.

https://www.eastmanguitars.com/ac108ce_ltd
Pura Vida and Meathead like this post
A Otto D'Ambrosio model no less, perfect name.. Romeo.  I've had the Otto El Rey 4 for a year now and can say his designs are unique, in a very good way but not same-o same-o..  Romeo is along similar lines but with a fixed bridge, laminated b/s, Lollar pups, etc.

By chance, I had the ER4 out earlier today before I got Eastman's email.  After reading about Romeo, I plugged the ER4 in and had a go.  Otto has a special touch in his designs.  Took me a while to find the right strings and where the guitar fit for me but it all came together after a while.  Reading about the Romeo got my interest and maybe some day but, also reaffirmed my ER4 choice.  Some lucky somebody is going to be very happy with Otto's Romeo is my opinion.    bert
Pura Vida likes this post
Likes...

The body style and wood used

Finish

"F " holes

Lollar pups.

Dislikes...

Pot forward of the bridge??? REALLY??? I cannot think of one single successful semi or hollow body git in history with controls forward of the bridge. Deal breaker for me I (and others) anchor my right hand there .

No pickguard. I can make one but prefer not to.

ANOTHER maple necked git?

Semi? More hollow like an MX? Flat or arched top and back?

Their tech writers need help.
Regards,

Gary
Gary, I'm hip to what you're layin down and understand, no problem.  The Otto designs don't fit normal has been my experience.  The ER4 has no pickguard, no rest for the weary right hand.  I play with a pick, the earlier Eastman archtops I've owned did have a pickguard and I kept pick clicking on the guard.. tilt *#&%.

I actually like keeping my right hand over the strings, something I got used to playing acoustic.. clicking on the pickguard eventually forced me to play above the strings.  Took me a long time to get it going but was a good thing in the long run.  I know my method is not for everyone.

Just an opinion, I think Otto is going for the jazz crossover type player with the Romeo.  The Romeo comes with NYXL 10-46 strings not the traditional 12-52 jazz set.  My ER4 came with NYXL 12-52, took me a while to find that 10-46 fits my crossover mingle, got me out of the pure jazz player style into some clean blues licks with the acoustic tone that rings my bell.  Just rambling now...   .02c  bert
(07-18-2019, 01:42 PM)gnappi Wrote: Pot forward of the bridge??? REALLY??? I cannot think of one single successful semi or hollow body git in history with controls forward of the bridge.
Their tech writers need help.

Yeah, I'm not an electric player (or any kind of "player" for that matter), but I had the same thought. Not really sure where the right hand is supposed to sit in that design scheme.

And most guitar companies' tech writers need help! But I'm with you there too.
Looks like guitar.com has done a short writeup:

https://guitar.com/news/gear-news/eastma...-acoustic/

Is it a full hollow, or semi-hollow? I reckon it's mainly hollow barring the neck joint and bridge/tailpiece area. Speculating for now, happy to be re-educated.

Flat top or archtop? I reckon a very slight arch to the top and back. The bridge pickup ring is slightly curved and there is some indicator in the photography to suggest an arched back as well.

You can study the image here:

https://www.eastmanguitars.com/new_models

My main dislikes?

For USD2199, they could have done fingerboard and f-hole binding, like they do for so many of their other guitars.

Stylistically, the lower horn looks weird; I reckon if they shortened it slightly to protrude no farther beyond the 17th fret, it would look a lot more balanced. But I'm just nitpicking here.

One thing I do like: that headstock. Straighter string pull, but the revised 'small' headstock has already brought the other models closer to that, so I do wonder why they didn't just reuse the same shape.
Yeah, it's def got Otto's signature design.  Kinda like my T185MX and Bert's ER4 got together.

Speaking of which, I haven't given my T185MX enough time, but I just read that Line 6 released their Helix 2.8 software upgrade, so I predict some quality electric time in my future.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young