Request - issue feedback
Hi all - I am making a few changes to EGF on the web server side to continue to make the site perform well.

Please let me know on this thread however if you encounter an unusual issue while using EGF.  Appreciate it! Just making sure my changes aren't breaking anything.

Tim
Timelessdrifter and sleigh like this post
Thanks Tim. I appreciate your time and commitment to keep EGF up and running.
AlanSam, sleigh, Timelessdrifter, Meathead like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
Thanks Tom. Really appreciate contributors like you and many others that help make EGF a truly enjoyable community!
I don't know if this is related, but over the last week, I was attempting to post to a "show us your Eastman guitars" thread.

I typed one in, hit preview (always use preview!) and it looked okay so I hit post.

Afterwards, I couldn't find the post anywhere. I used the search and found nothing. So... I posted another thinking it was my error. Same result.

Last night, the site was inaccessible for a while, however, when I got back on, I didn't log in. I looked for the missing posts and they they were, right where they should be, at the end of the thread.

So I log back in, and (drumroll)... My posts are gone.

In summation, I can see them both when NOT logged in, but not when I AM logged in. I'd really like to delete one or the both.

Hope this makes sense :-)
PRS SE P20 Parlor
PRS SE P50E Parlor
Eastman E10OO-TC 12-fret
Eastman E6OM-TC
Electric: Too many!
(03-24-2024, 06:16 PM)Timelessdrifter Wrote: I don't know if this is related, but over the last week, I was attempting to post to a "show us your Eastman guitars" thread.

I typed one in, hit preview (always use preview!) and it looked okay so I hit post.

Afterwards, I couldn't find the post anywhere. I used the search and found nothing. So... I posted another thinking it was my error. Same result.

Last night, the site was inaccessible for a while, however, when I got back on, I didn't log in. I looked for the missing posts and they they were, right where they should be, at the end of the thread.

So I log back in, and (drumroll)... My posts are gone.

In summation, I can see them both when NOT logged in, but not when I AM logged in. I'd really like to delete one or the both.

Hope this makes sense :-)

Yes it makes perfect sense. It's clearly a manifestation of Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, to wit:-
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/uncer.html
If this isn't clear Tim will explain!

sleigh and Timelessdrifter like this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
(03-24-2024, 06:37 PM)AlanSam Wrote: Yes it makes perfect sense. It's clearly a manifestation of Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, to wit:-

Looking forward to it :-)
AlanSam likes this post
PRS SE P20 Parlor
PRS SE P50E Parlor
Eastman E10OO-TC 12-fret
Eastman E6OM-TC
(03-24-2024, 10:44 PM)Timelessdrifter Wrote:
(03-24-2024, 06:37 PM)AlanSam Wrote: Yes it makes perfect sense. It's clearly a manifestation of Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, to wit:-

Looking forward to it :-)            
Over the years I have experienced a number of peculiar situations navigating through the site (and not just this site) and most frequently it's been down to my browser. Try clearing the browser history down - and rebooting. Failing that, a deinstallation then reinstallation might help although this can be a pain with settings such as auto filled passwords possibly needing to be reset.  I can't think of anything else which might help. Good luck and do let us know how you get on!
sleigh and Meathead like this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Hey TD - strange behavior! I agree with Alan, it might be Heisenberg's uncertainty principle  Big Grin

In all seriousness, I've been dealing with some server/host issues for the last week which I still don't have fully solved yet, so some of the random behavior might be attributed to the issues of the last week. I apologize - hang in there with me while I get this solved..
TomC, AlanSam, Timelessdrifter like this post
(03-25-2024, 01:24 AM)AlanSam Wrote: Try clearing the browser history down - and rebooting. Failing that, a deinstallation then reinstallation might help although this can be a pain with settings such as auto filled passwords possibly needing to be reset.  I can't think of anything else which might help. Good luck and do let us know how you get on!

Thank you for the suggestions.

I've tried all of the usual solutions before posting - clearing the cache, restarting the browser and the device, disabling ad-blocking, I've even tried different browsers on different devices, all with the same result - if I login, I can't see the posts, but if I'm browsing the site as guest, they're visible.

Everything else on the site has, and continues, to work great. It's clearly some sort of cosmic hiccup. Not a huge deal, I just saw the request for reports of any anomalies noticed, and posted my one out-of-the-blue issue.

Thanks again for the reply!

(03-25-2024, 09:50 AM)Meathead Wrote: I've been dealing with some server/host issues for the last week which I still don't have fully solved yet, so some of the random behavior might be attributed to the issues of the last week. I apologize - hang in there with me while I get this solved..

No apologies needed! I'm a retired IT Manager and I can appreciate how intricately all of the services are linked and what a PITA they can be to diagnose.

I posted both of the replies shortly before the site went offline for a brief spell, so I assumed that had something to do with it.

If I notice anything else strange, I'll let you know. Thanks again for your time in keeping it all up and running!

Oh, and BTW, I love my Eastmans!
AlanSam likes this post
PRS SE P20 Parlor
PRS SE P50E Parlor
Eastman E10OO-TC 12-fret
Eastman E6OM-TC

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Major EGF Refresh - feedback welcome! Meathead 12 3,440 10-09-2018, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Meathead