Major EGF Refresh - feedback welcome!
Hi all -

As you can see, I have updated EGF... actually a complete overhaul. I've been working in my free time to prepare for the update, and here it is!

So - I'd love some feedback... I personally think this new style is much more pleasing than the previous version, but I am open to hearing from the forum - whatcha think?

The only thing that did not (yet) carry over is the 'likes' tally from our previous system. You can still like posts with the update, but as of now I am not tracking like amounts per individual user - just at the post level. I am still working through a few minor items, but if any of you find any issues, please reply here and let me know.

Thanks!
Tim
aant, gnappi, Rens, Pura Vida like this post
Hey Tim! Well it looks a lot sharper, that's for sure! It'll take some getting used to but so far it hasn't been a problem for me. Why did you decide on an overhaul?
(10-06-2018, 04:20 PM)Meathead Wrote: Hi all -

As you can see, I have updated EGF... actually a complete overhaul. I've been working in my free time to prepare for the update, and here it is!

So - I'd love some feedback... I personally think this new style is much more pleasing than the previous version, but I am open to hearing from the forum - whatcha think?

The only thing that did not (yet) carry over is the 'likes' tally from our previous system. You can still like posts with the update, but as of now I am not tracking like amounts per individual user - just at the post level. I am still working through a few minor items, but if any of you find any issues, please reply here and let me know.

Thanks!
Tim

Tim - its a better layout, although for some reason a tad more difficult to read with my ageing eyes. One suggestion I have is that you include a 'next new post' button to make it easier to page through the latest posts. Possibly the same for todays posts - 'next post'? Well done.
Seems more streamlined and simpler, but I need to learn its methods. Thanks!!
Meathead likes this post
Thanks for the feedback guys! I also have some feedback in private messages. I have made some changes based on the suggestions:

1. Increased font sizing
2. Removed 'video of the day'

keep the feedback coming!
Tim
(10-07-2018, 01:16 AM)Rens Wrote: Hey Tim! Well it looks a lot sharper, that's for sure! It'll take some getting used to but so far it hasn't been a problem for me. Why did you decide on an overhaul?

Hey Rens! I am a bit of a web developer - so I am always looking for ways to improve our EGF community. I have had this update in mind for several months now, and finally took the plunge to update it this weekend!
Pura Vida and Rens like this post
(10-07-2018, 03:21 PM)Meathead Wrote: Thanks for the feedback guys! I also have some feedback in private messages. I have made some changes based on the suggestions:

1. Increased font sizing
2. Removed 'video of the day'

keep the feedback coming!
Tim

yes, easier to read!
I really like the new site format, and the increased font is very helpful. Tim, thanks for continuing to provide us with an awesome guitar community!
Bert and Meathead like this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Looking good Tim, got your back always. bert
Thanks guys! Really glad to get the positive feedback after the time investment. I agree - I like the format much better as well.
Cheers
Tim

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Request - issue feedback Meathead 8 1,139 03-25-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Timelessdrifter