Pickguard for Eastman SB56
I am a relative newbie to the Eastman world, having purchased my first one (T484) back in May 2021. I'm lining up an SB56 at the moment, should be in my local store to try out some time next week.

I'm interested in potentially interested in putting a pickguard on it. Yes, I fully realise this is not to everyone's taste and, despite this being about my taste, there'll be plenty of people who will express theirs  Big Grin  So, that aside, has anyone successfully done this? If so, where did you source your pickguard?

Many thanks,
Dany.
I have a few from guitar fetish , really nice quality very inexpensive. But there bracket is cheap / thin . Stuart McDonalds has some nice hardware. I've installed on a sb59 so humbucker guitar.
I did have to trim and do a little fitting work .
Dan maybe contact warmoth guitar, they make pick guards quick and start around $35.
[Image: WJK0FG4.jpg]
Pura Vida likes this post
Thanks for that! I did see your earlier post about SB59 pickguard from guitarfetish and immediately went to take a look. Unfortunately they don't do one for LP with P90s. Warmoth is a great idea though! I bought a neck from them and it's fantastic. Fingers crossed they do pickguards for LP with P90s!

Bummer... it seems Warmoth does not do any LP pickguards...
Wow I didn't know that Sad

[Image: 1ihqtfi.png][Image: 2xFr3lz.png]

I think the spacing will be a little off . The Eastman is a bigger guitar then a Les Paul , still think you can tweak it . Buy a cheap one to see .
The Gibson ones don't ship out of the US, I think... at least the ones I have tried. I have found some Allparts ones from Aus... https://www.guitarparts.co.nz/gibson-les...guard.html. They look a bit dark in the photos, though. It will be a bit of a gamble, we'll see.
I think the spacing will be a little off . The Eastman is a bigger guitar then a Les Paul , still think you can tweak it . Buy a cheap one to see .

The Gibson one is $35.
(11-19-2021, 09:36 PM)Zeiss Wrote: I think the spacing will be a little off . The Eastman is a bigger guitar then a Les Paul , still think you can tweak it . Buy a cheap one to see .

The Gibson one is $35.

As I mentioned, the Gibson one cannot be shipped to NZ, unless I go through crazy lengths... the option is out, the price is irrelevant at this point. And, yes, I fully expect to have to tweak it a bit. I think everyone who put pickguards on their SB59 had to do the same.

Just curious, I wonder how much bigger the Eastman SBs are from Les Pauls.
I missed that Gibson wouldn't ship sorry .
You can probably find a vendor that carries the Gibson pickguard and ships outside of United States.
I've made a few pickguard's from scratch , they came out well but a lot of work for how cheap they are to buy.
I really like a pickguard on a Les Paul style guitar, helps as a finger rest when needed also .
I'm sure you'll get one that well work , don't forget to post a picture and details . Seems like I'm always sourcing something for a guitar
Smile
I've had two Eastman SB's and put pickguards on them both. Humbuckers, not P90s though, an SB59 and SB57. The pickguards I used were spares in the drawer so I don't know which brand they were but I think one was Gibson and the other was Allparts or mojotone. In any case, Eastman's pickup spacing is slightly narrower than Gibsons so there are no direct fit replacements that I know of. You'll have to trim a little at cutout part that fits between the pickups. They really do a lot to cop the Les Paul look though because the Eastman horn is pretty big and the pickguard breaks it up and bit and tricks the eye to see a more correct LP shape. Again, not sure how this information applies to P-90s. Good luck.

[Image: kbpuyvigrpfasmxl71kj.jpg][Image: d5xiyihbgtqxzbbgbbcc.jpg]
Zeiss and Pura Vida like this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NGD SB56/n - Gd Lukew 7 1,921 06-08-2023, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Lukew
  Eastman SB56/n-GD Meathead 5 3,202 02-10-2018, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Tim Farney