NGD E6D-TC Alpine Spruce
Ha, thanks to both Toms!  It's a worsening, but wonderful problem, since I can't seem to part with any of these instruments.  I may sell 1-3 guitars later this year, when I find a moment.  And yes, I'll be very curious to hear where this guitar falls between my E6D (Sitka) and E10D (Adi).  Delivery scheduled for Saturday, which is itself a small miracle (fast, and delivering before we hit 100 degree temps early next week).
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Brian - re your

'"Eastman recently bought a handfull of very exclusive European Alpine Spruce from Florinett Tonewood based in Switzerland. Some expensive stuff. These tops ware supposed to end up on Bourgeois guitars. But a small unknown amount has accidentally found its way on some E6 and E8 TC guitars... This makes this guitar extremely resonant, rich and with lot's projection. Even more than the already great E6D-TC."

Could you share the source of that quote with me please.
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
I'd be interested in having a European spruce top just to hear the difference between that, Adi, and Sitka. But alas, with the "one guitar in, one guitar out" rule in the house, that's not going to happen anytime soon. I'm not willing to get rid of any of my trio at the moment.  Smile
Pura Vida and sagebrush tom like this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
(05-27-2021, 07:22 AM)sleigh Wrote: I'd be interested in having a European spruce top just to hear the difference between that, Adi, and Sitka. But alas, with the "one guitar in, one guitar out" rule in the house, that's not going to happen anytime soon. I'm not willing to get rid of any of my trio at the moment.  Smile

Nor should you get rid of any of your trio. I can't imagine that the new Alpine spruce is gonna sound better than your 2-3 year old Adi tops. 

Just wondering if sales were too sluggish on the E6, E8 models so they decided to inject some life into these models?
AlanSam and sleigh like this post
2015 E20 OM SB Eastman
2021 000-15 SM Martin
2016 00-18 Martin
2015 E10 00 Eastman
Brian had NO CHOICE but to order a Swiss Alpine topped guitar. His Eastman Concept Shop is contractually obligated to be current with various wood and model selections. I can only guess that this will become quite a costly endeavor when the Bourgeois/Eastmen start rolling off the line...
sleigh, TomC, Pura Vida, sagebrush tom, Meathead like this post
Alan, here is the link:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/44366967...8949852127
It's a private group on Facebook, so unless you're part of the group (5.5k members), you won't be able to see it.

SB Tom, agreed that Steve's E10D/E20D combo sounds pretty good and will likely continue to get better, since Adi works on a longer time horizon.  I'm not sure that the Sitka sales were sluggish, since they added the TC models.  But I think there was a legitimate disruption to their supply, assuming that Eastman doesn't bake anything in-house.

Cedar, I wonder if they voice torrified tops before or after the baking process?  If it's before, then it might make sense.  But otherwise, maybe it was more of a supply re-allocation, since Bourgeois falls under the Eastman umbrella.  That being said (and working in supply chain operations), I wouldn't choose to constrain my $6k guitar business in favor of my $1000 guitar business.

And although I haven't owned an Alpine Spruce guitar before, the idea that the sound would vary by its source location makes a lot of sense to me.  The high Swiss mountains will have different growing conditions than Czech, Italy, etc.  In the wine industry, it's the same, where the same grape can be grown in two nearby regions and result in different products (dry, dusty on the Napa Valley floor, but more fruit taste from the adjacent mountain slope).

But who really knows?

Sorry, Tom C... we are hi-jacking your NGD thread!  Smile
You will get no objections from me. This has been an interesting thread.
AlanSam, sleigh, Pura Vida like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
(05-27-2021, 10:43 AM)Zissou Intern Wrote: Brian had NO CHOICE but to order a Swiss Alpine topped guitar. His Eastman Concept Shop is contractually obligated to be current with various wood and model selections. I can only guess that this will become quite a costly endeavor when the Bourgeois/Eastmen start rolling off the line...

Oh, and I totally missed the reply to ZI's comment.  Maybe that's not a bad thing, ha!  And hopefully, this Alpine TC purchase removes any temptation to purchase one of the Bourgeois/Eastman guitars for my upcoming 50th birthday.

I would actually sell a few of them, if they didn't sound so good!  Instead, I just buy another guitar rack.  Smile

(05-27-2021, 01:56 PM)TomC Wrote: You will get no objections from me. This has been an interesting thread.

Appreciate it!  I agree that it's a really good discussion.  Can't wait to get my hands on this one.  BTW, Dan S. just confirmed that he'll send me the COA, which was not in included with the shipment.  I'll start a separate thread on it by this weekend.

This is my first time buying from Dave's Music.  So far, I'm very impressed.  As mentioned, they shipped same day.  But they also said they were passing the guitar through an internal inspection and setup, and they asked me what gauge strings I wanted on my guitar.  If it's setup well, that will cost avoid a $60-80 setup with my local luthier.

BTW, I asked how they get these guitars.  The response was a little elusive, but said their guitars are a combination of customers and direct from Eastman, which is what we thought.  Obviously, I'll inspect the guitar closely, but she said it was just like new.
Shishigashira likes this post
Yikes!  I hope it's a better experience, as well.  I don't like it when a dealer or individual seller misrepresents what they're selling.  They should be honest with the condition, so you don't create a difficult situation.
Man... y'all are giving me alpine spruce envy.  I know I am a little late to this thread, but Tom - congrats on the new guitar.  I'm impressed with your comment that this one rivals (exceeds?) your E40OM.  Also - I am a big fan of your customizations, the armrest and the HFN are two must dos for me as well.

Brian - add another one to the stable!  One of these days if I am ever your area I will have to stop by to try out all the fabulous Eastman guitars in your collection.  Excited to hear your opinion when it arrives.
Pura Vida and sleigh like this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alpine spruce VS Sitka spruce sound sample (E6D-TC & E8D-TC) jay9318 2 2,334 02-28-2023, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Guzzi Fan
  Alpine spruce vs sitka spruce for E8 OM-TC ? cfranchi 6 1,748 12-24-2022, 06:26 AM
Last Post: Mitch
Big Grin NGD Eastman e8om TC -Alpine spruce! Bhsweden 21 6,681 09-05-2021, 11:04 PM
Last Post: onepatrick