NGD E1SS-SB
I purchased the new E1 SS-SB a few days ago. This is the one used in The Acoustic Shoppe video that is linked below.

The first impression from the video is tone. It has so many of the fundamentals expected from a slope shoulder guitar, yet a wee bit more sustain. Not the quick decay usually usually associated but not a lingering piano like sustain either. It's a nice compromise between the two that may be due to sapele back and sides, the finsh applied, or general construction. I've found the additional sustain while playing to be an nice addition.

The first time the guitar was picked up, it felt very light. Having owned the E20 SS, I can feel a weight difference which is a pleasant surprise.
The neck is a very comfortable C shape with 1 11/16 bone nut. Both the bone nut and saddle are finished properly with very good setup out of the box. While the minimal difference between 1 11/16 and 1 3/4 in the nut is easily accommodated, I do like bridge pins with a larger head. The stock ebony pins have been exchanged to ebony pins with a slightly larger head. We all have our comfort zone.

Eastman continues to find a niche then fill it at a price point with an instrument that punches above its weight. At $579.00 street price you're getting a lot of guitar.

https://youtu.be/pi-zOJ3g9L0[Image: 5VTw0D0.jpg][Image: rl6leP4.jpg]
Pura Vida, Winfielder, SasquatchLife, TomC, Roy like this post
Congratulations EP1! You've snagged a beauty.
SasquatchLife likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Sweet!!!
Congratulations on your new E1SS-SB, EP1!  

That looks like a whole lot of quality guitar for a very reasonable price!

Enjoy!

Rod
Congrats, EP1!  Beautiful guitar, and so cool to have it featured in the video too.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Congrats! Love my E1SS!
Eastman E1SS                                       Guild D40E
Eastman AC322ce                                  Guild D20E
                                                            Guild D2512 12 string
Eastman  E1D-CLA  (Split Bridge Sad )      G&L ASAT Special Tribute                            
Eastman E2D-BK   (Lifting Bridge  Angry )         
I really like the dark burst on that one.
Congrats EP1! Love the back on that one. Nice guitar!

Don
2023 Martin D-41 
2023 Martin Custom Shop HD-28 GE
2023 Martin D-18 Authentic 1937 VTS
2021 Martin D-35
2023 Gibson J45

I like that burst! Amazing how much Eastman offers and not “just for the money”. Those who don’t know, don’t know, those who do play Eastmans.
Winfielder and Guzzi Fan like this post
Eastman E6OM-TC Alpine
Congratulations 

I just bought one online… I figured if it’s like 2 series I have played, it’s worth the risk. I don’t expect it to be like my three Gibsons, but I bet I’ll like it just fine.

what do you think of yours now?
AlanSam likes this post