NGD E1SS-SB
Hi Sal,
It's been a few weeks since the guitar came home with me, so we've had a chance to get better acquainted.
Like you, I also have a few Gibsons which are all slope shoulder, plus my wife has an early E20SS SB. Human nature dictates that a compare and contrast is in order, but taking each on their own merit.
The E1SS SB has some of the same basic fundamentals as the Gibson with its thump but not the quick decay. The highs tend to shimmer a bit longer. To me, the E1SS to E20SS is a more level comparison accounting for the difference in tone woods. The E1SS has an Eastman tone. I've always heard a combination of Martin and Gibson in the standard dred and slope models from Eastman. As this is a new guitar, (you can smell the fresh cut wood), it still sounds a bit constricted. Time and playing should help this.
Fit and finish are great. No problem with fret ends, messy glue joints, etc. all are nicely finished. Having an ebony fretboard is a huge plus for me. If the guitar has a weak point it would be the tuners. I may upgrade them from the Pingwell to Gotho 510 open back with cream buttons. That's more asthetic than functional.
A great guitar when you don't want to take a pricey option but still want the tone and comfort of a slope shoulder.
In short, I dig it.
Guzzi Fan, ThemisSal, AlanSam like this post
Hi Themis

I didn't.t owned J45 before buying the Eastman but I was looking for that kind of sound.
I think the Eastman has its own personality and you 'll discover another guitar but quite as much interesting as the Gibson.
This guitar has this magical sound that grows inside you when you are playing.
I tented to put Gibson string to get a more like Gibson sound, but, finally, I think D'addario strings fit better for bass strings(EAD) and Gibson (especially G string) are better for GBE(1).
But, anyway, why would it be important to get a sound like J45 when the Eastman E1ss SB is such a great guitar?
So enjoy that instrument! I hope you 'll do love it.
I have another great guitar(lowden) but the Eastman is an amazing one in spite of it's price.

Have a nice day
(09-17-2023, 05:50 AM)Didierbri Wrote:  

Eastman produces world-class hand-made guitars that are second to none.

Those who who don't know don't know, those who do play Eastman.
2021 Eastman E10SS (Mahogany/Adirondack spruce)
2023 Eastman AC522CE-GB (Mahogany/European Spruce) 
You should get a job in marketing!
sleigh likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Second to none one would be worse...I came in second place in a one horse race
Better yet...I took first place in a one horse race. Now I'm getting confused
(09-21-2023, 06:29 AM)Charlieb Wrote: Second to none one would be worse...I came in second place in a one horse race
Better yet...I took first place in a one horse race. Now I'm getting confused

Just saying............
AlanSam likes this post
2021 Eastman E10SS (Mahogany/Adirondack spruce)
2023 Eastman AC522CE-GB (Mahogany/European Spruce)