Martin 000-16 StreetMaster
Eastman fans have one thing in common, we appreciate a good value for a well-made instrument with quality tone woods.  

I placed an order for a 000-16 StreetMaster today.  Torrefied Adirondack on rosewood.  I'm not sure if the finish will grow on me or not, but I'm willing to give it a try for $1700 ($1999 list less $300 Fourth of July sale).  

https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/000...aster.html
Horax, noah, sleigh, vashondan, SasquatchLife, Pura Vida like this post
It never moves any faster than it's supposed to go - Taj Mahal

2017 Waterloo WL-14X
2019 Martin 000-18
2021 Eastman E20P
2022 Martin 000-16
The Loar LO-215-SN
Yamaha FG-331

Congrats, pszy22.  I really like those Martin 000 models.  Please do post some photos and a brief review when you get it - I'm certainly interested in your feedback.

Cheers.
Pura Vida and pszy22 like this post
(07-01-2022, 10:26 AM)Meathead Wrote: Congrats, pszy22.  I really like those Martin 000 models.  Please do post some photos and a brief review when you get it - I'm certainly interested in your feedback.

Cheers.

Will do!

Here is a demo in case you haven't already seen it 

vashondan and Pura Vida like this post

2017 Waterloo WL-14X
2019 Martin 000-18
2021 Eastman E20P
2022 Martin 000-16
The Loar LO-215-SN
Yamaha FG-331

The guitar sounds really good, and I kind of like the Streetmaster look.  

Congrats pszy22!

Please let us know what you think of the guitar when it arrives.

Rod
pszy22 likes this post
I'm diggin the streetmaster look.
Wasn't into the older ons, but the new finish is awesome.
pszy22 likes this post
Still not sure if I'll enjoy the StreetMaster look, but $1700 for an American made torrefied Adi on rosewood instrument was too tempting not to bring one home to find out.  Worst case, it's a 2 mile drive to the local GC for a full refund.
noah and Pura Vida like this post

2017 Waterloo WL-14X
2019 Martin 000-18
2021 Eastman E20P
2022 Martin 000-16
The Loar LO-215-SN
Yamaha FG-331

It's very hard for me to tell much difference in sounds between a 1K and 20K guitar from my Macbook even with my AirPods in. The guitar looks fine but when I pick up either of my Eastmans they sounds even better than what I've heard but then playing mine is a live sound. I keep an itch to want more but I'm perfectly more than satisfied with what I got for an anti-social couch player. Maybe one day I can actually get to a nice stocked acoustic shop and actually play and see what differences I hear and feel.
AlanSam likes this post
(07-02-2022, 11:48 AM)pszy22 Wrote: Still not sure if I'll enjoy the StreetMaster look, but $1700 for an American made torrefied Adi on rosewood instrument was too tempting not to bring one home to find out.  Worst case, it's a 2 mile drive to the local GC for a full refund.

That sums it up for me.  Torrified Adi w/ EIR in a Martin for $1700?  I'd love to see the finish in person to judge an opinion.  My guess is that it looks better in person than a photo.  Can't wait to hear (and see) your impressions of this guitar!
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Guitar showed up yesterday evening.  First impressions: 

The good - it is light in weight, very light finish, LOUD, lots of sustain, very nice chunks of tone wood use in the construction, well set up out of the box.  The sound is dry, made a bit brash, lots of low end bass. 

The not so good - I'd prefer a bit more meat in the neck; the finish is light, maybe too light.  I'm not sure some of the worn spots aren't bare wood.  

I didn't like the feel of the worn spots, it was rough to the touch.  However I took a folded piece of brown paper bag and lightly rubbed the rough spots, It didn't remove anything off the guitar, just burnished the rough spots, they are now smooth as a baby's bottom.  Makes the feel much more pleasant. I'll take some pics when I get a chance.
Meathead and Pura Vida like this post

2017 Waterloo WL-14X
2019 Martin 000-18
2021 Eastman E20P
2022 Martin 000-16
The Loar LO-215-SN
Yamaha FG-331

The brown paper bag sanding is a creative solution!   Smile

Do you know what kind of strings came on the guitar?  Maybe the brashness is a result of the type of string, or just the strings being new.

Enjoy your new toy!

Rod
pszy22 likes this post