Howdy, new Eastman owner
Hi folks i just acquired my first Eastman, an ac308ce-ltd that I picked up used (in new condition). So far, I’m loving it. I’ve been playing for more years than I care to admit to, mainly jazz of late, but generally a bit of everything. I’d had Gibson Blue Ridge for ages, but sold that a couple of years ago to fund an archtop purchase.

I have a Gitane Gypsy jazz guitar and Recording King Dirty 30s, but neither really scratched the acoustic itch for me so I decided to pick up something a little nicer. Stumbled onto this Eastman for decent price and here we are. Spec-wise it’s perfect for me and the playability and sound are fantastic. I’ve played lots of other Eastmans, and have liked most, but for whatever reasons never pulled the trigger on one before. Glad I finally did.

Anyway, howdy, and if anyone has one of these I’d be curious to hear how yours is holding up.
AlanSam, Pura Vida, TomC, sleigh like this post
Welcome, John.  I don't have this model, but they've been well liked on this forum and elsewhere.
AlanSam likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Welcome! I'd like to try a 308 one of these days.
AlanSam likes this post
(01-25-2023, 06:05 AM)Aahzz Wrote: Welcome! I'd like to try a 308 one of these days.

Thanks!  I actually bought this online without having tried it.  I took the leap based on specs and reviews (and a good return policy from the seller).  But it's always a little-nerve wracking to buy a guitar one hasn't played.
Aahzz, AlanSam, Pura Vida like this post
(01-25-2023, 09:03 AM)John A Wrote:
(01-25-2023, 06:05 AM)Aahzz Wrote: Welcome! I'd like to try a 308 one of these days.

Thanks!  I actually bought this online without having tried it.  I took the leap based on specs and reviews (and a good return policy from the seller).  But it's always a little-nerve wracking to buy a guitar one hasn't played. 

That's how I bought both my 322 and 222. The 222 was a little easier, since I already knew I loved the 322 - plus, John at The Acoustic Shoppe will do a video consult, so I at least got to hear it Smile.
Pura Vida likes this post
Welcome John!

If you are anything like others on this forum, you will soon realize that your AC308CE-LTD needs a sibling!   Smile

Enjoy your new Eastman!

Rod
Pura Vida likes this post
(01-25-2023, 07:45 PM)Guzzi Fan Wrote: Welcome John!

If you are anything like others on this forum, you will soon realize that your AC308CE-LTD needs a sibling!   Smile

Enjoy your new Eastman!

Rod

Ha!  That's a temptation I'm hoping to resist.
Guzzi Fan likes this post
(01-27-2023, 10:42 AM)John A Wrote:
(01-25-2023, 07:45 PM)Guzzi Fan Wrote: If you are anything like others on this forum, you will soon realize that your AC308CE-LTD needs a sibling!   Smile

Ha!  That's a temptation I'm hoping to resist. 

Good luck with that, John!  Big Grin  And welcome!
Pura Vida and Guzzi Fan like this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
So I did manage to find two minor complaints: 

1.  The pickguard is very sharply pointy right by the upper frets.  I filed it down and now it's fine.
2.  No strap button at the neck heel.  I installed a strap button.

it keeps sounding better and better to me.  Definitely a keeper, and I think has probably eliminated acoustic GAS for me.
Guzzi Fan likes this post
Welcome John, and congratulations! Pics would be good if possible.
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Eastman Owner Ker7275 10 2,226 09-25-2023, 06:40 PM
Last Post: pannick
  Eastman E20D MR TC - Seeking Owner Comments Richard Hauser 2 2,703 03-03-2023, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mike0609
  New Eastman owner - E8OM-TC Shadow 5 1,600 11-16-2020, 01:06 AM
Last Post: SasquatchLife